first train with new digital camera

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by stuart_canada, Mar 19, 2008.

1. stuart_canada

stuart_canada Member

i just recently went digital with a nikon D60 18-55mm lense
    i went to NewtonvilleOntario area.
    hope you like first shots
    the camera taks up to 10.1 something mega pixels
    i shot theses at the highest res setting soi had to resize them for here so some things might be lost
    Newtonville is a great palce to see trains, next time i hope to have more time and a scanner

Attached Files:

2. stuart_canada

stuart_canada Member

some other pics
    i like the camera have to practice more with it, use to trains standing still at Smiths Falls, not the high speed they travel at in Newtonville area

Attached Files:

3. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Great pics! I enjoy rail fanning and taking pics, often with my 4-year-old son. We'll have to plan a trip to Newtonville some day -- we live in east-end Toronto so it shouldn't be too far. We've gone to Hamilton's Bayview Junction a couple times as well as the York Sub in east Toronto, and occasionally Toronto's Lake Shore Line.

My camera, which I bought in 2005, is only 5.5 so it must be great to have a 10.1 mega pixel camera!

Thanks,
    Rob
  4. RobertInOntario

What's that maroon/dark red colour scheme in the last pic on the CP train? I don't recognize those colours -- just curious! Rob
  5. stuart_canada

stuart_canada Member

i think it is some sort of leaser, CE something, i snapped the picture, i blew it up very large and could not tell the letters too clearly.
    sorry no help here
  6. RobertInOntario

Thanks all the same, Rob
  7. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

It's a CEFX SD9043MAC. Not the same scheme as their other power. CEFX AC4400CWs and SD40-2s (the latter don't show up here) are blue with two white diagonal stripes.

Interesting passenger consist: LRC coaches and an ex-Canadian dome. Haven't seen that one before.