First scratch built bridge

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
I built a bridge today, check it out. For a first try I think it came out ok!

Attachments

• DSCF0051.JPG
    DSCF0051.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF0052.JPG
    DSCF0052.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF0054.JPG
    DSCF0054.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 246

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
not too shabby for a first timer!some nice realistic abutments.i hope to see pics of other stuff of yours!i dont model in N scale but for something that small,absolutley spectacular.
--josh

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
It can't be!

That cannot be possibly a first try! It's just way too good!

Ok, froget the above staement. It's really good,though. Much better than what I could have done!:thumb: Nice work!

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
Thanks Everyone.......

the concrete ends are just made from foam, I cut the basic shape on the band saw, then carved 'em up a little, painted with acrylic craft paint, the bridge is made of basswood, which seems to be stronger than the balsa, but be around the same price, and come in the same sizes.......the only thing I really screwed up was I wish I would have painted or stained my materials before I assembled the bridge, never even thought how hard it would be to get in those little nooks, and crannies, it reduced me to having to have to spray paint it brown.......

maybe you guys could give me some pointers about building to scale though, it seems really hard in n scale since everything has to be so small, there was alot of time spent with a ruler and a micrometer trying to get things reasonably realistic, and in the end I think its still a little too big.....heres a pic with the engine on it..

Attachments

• trainbridge.jpg
    trainbridge.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 149

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
Berraf, youre from sweden? Thats fantastic, all my favorite bands come from right in your neighborhood, if I had a chance to visit anywhere in the world right now, it would right next door to you in Finland. That whole area is like the Mecca of heavy metal music. Someone once told me it because they have to play fast to stay warm:)

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
eve_9d9 said:
Berraf, youre from sweden? Thats fantastic, all my favorite bands come from right in your neighborhood, if I had a chance to visit anywhere in the world right now, it would right next door to you in Finland. That whole area is like the Mecca of heavy metal music. Someone once told me it because they have to play fast to stay warm:)
sign1 sign1
Give me some names of groups you like...
I´m not so much for heavy metal now a days but rock from the 70-80 is my cup of tea :wave:
For instance Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo, BTO and Jerusalem. Those were the days :)

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
I dig the older stuff too...rainbow deep purple, sabbath etc, but as for the newer groups........HIM, In Flames, Nightwish, and the greatest band of all time Sonata Arctica are all from around your area (mostly in Finland) theres a ton of others whos names escape me at the moment........have to go through my CD collection