Finnish diesel from scratch

Albert

Hi! Being a new member here (just joined) I would like to show you my newest project. It is a Finnish State Railway Dv12 diesel locomotive that I am building from scratch in HO scale. After some years absence from the hobby it feels great to costruct something again!
There is some more photos and other stuff on my website

Sorry for the poor quality of my photos, but they were taken with a Nokia camera phone. Waiting for a new digi camera...

Best regards,

Albert

Attachments

• dvkor2.jpg
    dvkor2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 233

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Albert,
Welcome to the gauge!
That is one sweet way to introduce yourself! Nice work!
I'm assuming youre building in styrene. What mechanism are you going to use for power?, or are you scratchbuilding that too?
Pete

Albert

Thanks for your support, I really feel myself wellcome here!
Here is the newest pic, I have now nearly finished the loco body and chassis.
Yes, the loco is entirely made of styrene, only 1mm plain sheet was used so I had to cut strips etc myself. I had to laminate some layers together in order to get the structure rigid enough. Also I have to put some weight into the body, obviously.
The power bogies, motor and DCC decoder I will use are from a Roco Br215 german loco, the bogies match nearly 100% the protype ones.

Attachments

• dv12.jpg
    dv12.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 205

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Welcome to The Gauge, Albert! :)
What an AWESOME piece of scratchbuilding that is!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I feel so privileged to have access to a site where I can see so much fine modeling from all over the world!
Thanks for sharing the pics Albert!
Can't wait to see the finished model!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Albert, BTW: we usually have a chat session going by about 7:00 PM (1900) or 8:00 (2000) GMT. Sometimes there are folks on an hour or two earlier. So if you like to chat, you might try any time in your evening, and we would welcome and enjoy your company!