Finding the right window

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
I'm looking for a fixed six pane window about three ft wide and 4 ft tall with a frame, I've tried grandt line, tichy,detail assoc., and campbells and cant find anything close does anyone have another source for me to look at. I also looked at the Walthers website and came up empty. A laser cut would be great.Thanks Pat

P

philip

window

I have a few of these.

Attachments

• 3x5.jpg
    3x5.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 194
P

philip

window

I thought I was the only one on this early. I borrowed the window from Union Station/Walthers.

How many do you need?

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Originally posted by belg
Philip THAT'S IT the exact window I'm looking for did you make that? or buy it? Where can I get those? Pat

Hi Pat,

a little bit smaller (I think it is about 9x13 mm) you can get from Auhagen in their WINDOWS Kits. They have one bigger size as well, I will check for you the size.

P

philip

scale

Pat, Oh man my windows are HO........Sorry .

You find one somewhere to your liking and I'll make you a mold.

philip

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Philip these structures I'm working on are being built in HO so the window is right. I would love to be able to make my own mold do you have a tutorial on this process? Thanks Pat

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Krokodil I missed your post before I tried to go to the website but No german spoken here so I was flying blind. If you could look into it for me that would be great. Thanks Pat

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi my Friend

I try to link their WEB sites with those windows, they have quite a lot (but the structure of the WEB is strange for linking. Let me try.

48647.jpg

48648.jpg
48650.jpg

48550.jpg

Article Numbers are 48647, 48648 , 48650 and 48550

If this does not work, go to

Selbstbaumaterial
and Ausstattung, you will find them.

Rgds

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
krokodil I really like the set thats off to the right but it gives no dimensions for the windows and doors do you know what they are or could you ask the company in an email please. I need the grill of the exterior(do not include the glue flange in the measurement) to be about 4 HO scale feet high no more.Thanks alot Pat

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi Pat

I am sure you will get the extra size of those windows from them as well. They speek quite well English.

I have a few of them, here are the dimensions.

The light braun with 6 glass segments has the dimensions of 7x13 mm

The darker braun one with 8 segments is 9x18 mm, similar is the size of the white 3 segment windows.

Always it is the frame size (opening in the wall).

P

philip

Pat : I mailed a few windows to your address Saturday. Give em a try. They may be a little tall.

philip