Finally broke 120

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I don't think we are real proud of this one but we finally broke 120 degrees. YUCK!!!! It's 112 in the shade.

Attachments

• 120a.jpg
    120a.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 100

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The old record of 112 set in 1927 was broken today. The new record at the Phoenix airport is now 116 set at 2:24 PM. They said that many spots did hit 120, I think TrainNut's house was one of them. :D It was cooler at our house, it only got up to 117.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ray Marinaccio said:
You guys should come on up and visit on days like this.
We just got rained on and I'm sitting here in my sweats and a long sleaved shirt.
We were watching the storms come through Scottsdale but only got as far as I-17 here. Your storm went SW and hit Wickenburg. Seems like whenever we move, the storms hit where where used to be.:cry: :cry:All we got was the wind. I guess the lighting started a fire up around Bartlett Lake. That's one of the dangers this time of the year, dry storms with lightning and lots of wind.

It officially hit 118 at the Phoenix Airport this afternoon, the fourth hotest temperature ever for this area, that's officially. Some areas could have gotten well over the 120 that TrainNut saw.:cool:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
As much as I like Arizona, especially the Apache Junction/Mesa area(Love the Superstition Mountain), thats one thing this born and bred New Englander hated was the heat, though I did get used to it. Do me a favor guys...Keep it out there.
My father kept the house at 85 degrees,coming from the outside in felt like walking into a fridge.When I got home, it was 85 degrees, and people were complaing.("85? Thats all?..Thats what my dad kept the house at.")

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, yesterday it was record-breaker for the second day in a row, it got up to 116 at the Phoenix Airport. Our low temps are nothing to brag about either. Here it is shortly after 4 AM and this is what it looks like here in Surprise:

Attachments

• Weather0723.jpg
    Weather0723.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 46