Finally back.....

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Well, I was gone from the latter part of April until the third week in May (flew to Washington DC and then drove a rental car across the country --- 3100 miles of fun bothering relatives). When I tried to get back on here, things were much changed, including that the site refused to recognize my login. Man, did I feel unwanted!

Thank you Jon and Shamus for fixing that. I have a lot of catching up to do. A month plus away and I have to be retrained (so to speak).

Happy to be amongst you again.

BillS

PS: The new format looks great.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Bill its great to hear from you again,did you do any modeling while on the road or buy any new items? Since you went cross country you must have hit a few LHS's, Pat.

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Thanks Belg, Ray, Tyson, & Chris.

Belg: No modeling, no MRR purchases. This was a total holiday.

Chris: It's dumb, I know, but I always carry a camera on a trip --- and hardly ever take any pictures. But here is a little car you might enjoy seeing. I met a guy in Fort Collins, Colorado --- husband of a cousin --- who was involved in the restoration of this little trolley and now functions as its motorman on weekends (It runs in downtown Fort Collins.) I don't know the history of the car, but I think he said it was from an old Fort Collins trolley line. (I scanned this from a post card, didn't take the picture.)

The second picture was taken at the Cheyenne, Wyoming station (or what used to be the station) This is a neat place to have a beer and watch trains. The UP main line is right there, and its a crew change stop. While we were sitting there at least eight or ten long freights coasted in and stopped, the crews changed right there in front of us, and they were off again in five or ten minutes. My wife is the second from left; I'm at the far right in the picture.

Attachments

• fort collins 01.jpg
    fort collins 01.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 29
  • cheyenne 01.jpg
    cheyenne 01.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 29