Farscape Moya

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I created this thread for Oldminer.
Maybe this can help you.

Its a scratch build maybe you can contact the designer.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Lots of compound radii. To do it justice would require much water forming of the skill. A proper hull design could help with that, but how many would actually build it? It would be extremely difficult. ;)

Reactions: OldMiner

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Hi,
The resin model is available at federations models in the models kits tab, starscape section. I've had it for more than 5 years in the box and will do it soon.
Measuring over 16" long

Are you measuring from the top side, or the base?.............................. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's is an awesome model. Some people are really talented. To make that out of paper, you would have to do a "paper machet"(SP?) to form it, and sand to shape. A basic form could be made, to keep the wall thickness thin, but thick enough to sand to shape. The Resin model is the way to go with this. You have a very hard to find model. A lot of people are 3D printing these now. If you have a 3D printer, you can Google the files for the ship. ;)

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
That's is an awesome model. Some people are really talented. To make that out of paper, you would have to do a "paper machet"(SP?) to form it, and sand to shape. A basic form could be made, to keep the wall thickness thin, but thick enough to sand to shape. The Resin model is the way to go with this. You have a very hard to find model. A lot of people are 3D printing these now. If you have a 3D printer, you can Google the files for the ship. ;)
Thanks, I never thought to look for a 3d model. I did find a few.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It can be done. Do you remember the Derelict ship from Alien? It too has some very strange shapes and was mastered with perfection as a paper model. When I look at the Moya I see a lot of tubes and internal formers. I would look for a 3D model or orthos and use that a blueprint to rig up a new simplified model which works for papercrafting. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Good luck! A good candidate for advanced water forming. :)