fantastic jupiter 2 build

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
first just want to say, bones jup2a.jpg bones jup2b.jpg
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bones built this Jupiter 2 and its such a good build I had to share his finished build pics.
its a very difficult model when you get to the upper hull. the rest of it is a dream. Bones puttied and sanded his and painted it, but it's still the Vinicio Munoz model in all respects.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wow!! Tat came out excellent!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
WHAAAT??? It looks like a PROP!!! WOW INDEED!!! :cool::cool::cool::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
If I had had that when I was a kid, I would bee a full blown Sci-Fi geek, instead of just a Sci-Fi enthusiast. ;) It's excellent

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I always wanted a Jupiter 2 plastic model when I was a kid too. I had the invaders saucer, the voyager fanstastic voyage, spindrift, and cyclops lis, flying sub vttbots, seaview, and enterprise and Klingon. but I made jupiters out of pie plates, and later even a ceramic bowl I found at a yard sale. I also liked the king kong aurora kit.
I don't think those who don't react the way we do to this stuff can even come close to understanding. I got some sheets of poster foamboard at the dolla tree today, will run it under a hot shower and peel off the paper, to get a flexi foam sheet. then mark off in magic marker sharpies, the hull plates. I think I am going with a 12 incher for this. the legs will be the stand and I will leave it white, so I can light it up blue, just cuz. no interior just foam sheet window panels. will post pics when I get it going. thanks for reminding me Zathros, of those years of wanting a Jupiter 2 so badly. I mean look at the polar lights sales of their 5 runs, including in chrome plates, completely built in metal with an interior and of course, the grey and tan plastic model. fans were hungry for over 40 years on that model!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Where was capitalism back in those days? They would have sold every Jupiter 2, every Chariot, any toy or model from that show. Crazy?

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
the one thing that would prove time travel was real! would be an aurora Jupiter 2 model from 1967.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Here is the link to my article on the Polar Lights Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space. It's not a true build thread as I didn't have any pics taken during construction, just the completed model.
"Z" if you don't think the link is appropriate here, just delete it.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/other/mr_plj2.htm

Micah

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Really. Great picture. Orthogonic drawings like this would make building it a lot easier. :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9