Examining the On30 Bachmann Outside Frame 2-8-0

Haggis

May 29, 2006
I have bought one of the fine machines, and even had it out the box, looking forward to having some track to run it on.

What Radius is best to run it on??

Alan

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
I run mine regularly on 18" radii with no problems.

overall_5-29-06.jpg

Harold

Haggis

May 29, 2006
Cool cheers,

Have been looking at doing a minimum of 20" cuvres so i should have no problems.

Layout is looking good, and changes to the other side yet??

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
Wow Harold, was your layout a marijuana growing area in a past life by any chance? That's some pretty serious lighting you've got going on there! :D

Not meaning to derail (heh) the thread, but could you give a bit of advice on lighting layouts? I must confess to be a bit of a novice to it, I've always concentrated solely on lighting buildings and streetlamps, going for quickfix solutions to all other kinds of lighting. I suppose halogen or incandescant would be the better options, and fluorescent a nono?

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
Canopus said:
Wow Harold, was your layout a marijuana growing area in a past life by any chance? That's some pretty serious lighting you've got going on there! :D

Not meaning to derail (heh) the thread, but could you give a bit of advice on lighting layouts? I must confess to be a bit of a novice to it, I've always concentrated solely on lighting buildings and streetlamps, going for quickfix solutions to all other kinds of lighting. I suppose halogen or incandescant would be the better options, and fluorescent a nono?

It is sunny central California. I have everything I have done on the layout at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/4x8/

Harold