England Expects...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like the way the ships looks. If you build a dock and diorama of that, I could see reefing the sails, but it really looks great in its present rig. ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The billowing of the mizzen mast and the square sail looks great!!

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Majestic, well done!! I don't know if you have any cats, but one destroyed my "U.S.S. Constitution" a few of days after I rigged her up. Keep her safe, she's a real beauty!!
:BRAVO:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
And she is complete. Some interesting variations in either the instructions or mistakes I made :)

Firstly the gun port covers - I originally painted them the same colour as the strakes, should be black - my mistake on first version
The boats - the upper section being brown - Dunno.... maybe me?
The cabin panels - light brown vs dark - Instructions
Mid and upper masts - different colours- instructions, not painting the joint areas black - mistake
Anchors - I attached all four to the hawsers in my attempt, only two actually are, the others are spares,
Anchors - Cross beam different colour, black on new edition - instructions
Carronades misplaced on first attempt -mistake
Railings on first one same colour as deck, black on this edition - instructions
Foredeck in front of beakhead - I didn't paint in the black section on the first attempt - mistake
Gratings/hatchways different colours - instructions
Bell house - not painted correctly - mistake
Gun ports - black vs red. This one has some debate as the interior of the ship would be red, but, would you see the red when you looked through a port? Opted for Red as it looks better :)

I find it really strange that the instructions changed. I made some mistakes yes, but would never use a certain colour when the instructions were clear (e.g.: masts)