Disney Pixar's CARS

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
Problum with Mater back end the pic not best it show how part of the fender being cut off i try to print it small but that didn't work
The part wouldn't fit right :(

just let you know

Attachments

• DSC_0862.JPG
    DSC_0862.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 662

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
johns-shipyard.tripod.com
Mater

I been working on mater today and other then a few added glue tabs I really didn't run into any problems yet. The pickup body came out great. I only added some shredded paper in all the nooks and cranies to stiffen up the model.and then closed them up. Cabs done and also filled. The reason I am stiffening up model it is going to a 4 year old lad.

The photo will come up later.

The following fotos are a done luigi.:-D

Attachments

• 100_0399.jpg
    100_0399.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_0400.jpg
    100_0400.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 138

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
Banks of The Ohio, KY Flavor
kickme.to
stagecoach said:
I been working on mater today and other then a few added glue tabs I really didn't run into any problems yet. The pickup body came out great. I only added some shredded paper in all the nooks and cranies to stiffen up the model.and then closed them up. Cabs done and also filled. The reason I am stiffening up model it is going to a 4 year old lad. The photo will come up later. The following fotos are a done luigi.:-D

Luigi looks great! Looking forward to the Mater photos.

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
Computer Woes

Years ago when I was trying to decide on a system to spend my hard earned money on I went into a book store to find out how many programs I could get and on what system I had to have to run them. boy was I surprized to find 10 books at about 500 pages full of software I could use for a system called IBM compatibles. :-D I also found this small booklet that said these programs where Macintosh compatibles.:( In the large books each page had about 100 programs available.:) The little booklet didn't even have 100 in the whole book.:cry:

Now they say that Mac's can be converted to run Windows programs designed for IBM compatibles.:-?

What's wrong with this picture??:roll:

Buy A Dell:grin:

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
No OS wars here.

If there's one thing I really do have little tolerance for it's OS bashing.
As an IT professional for the last 7 years it's my opinion that if you're happy with what your computer does for you regardless of platform then you have the right computer for you.

As a designer I try to make sure that everything I do gets released (eventually) in a multi-platform compatible format.

As a moderator in a cardmodel forum it's my rule that we don't bash OS's here since it has nothing to do with card modelling.

To go back on topic the Sheriff BETA is now ready for download!
Have a great day everyone.

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
mater

Mater done went together fairly well Had to make one part.
the piece infront of the engine compartment where the radiator would be located, and a hole bunch glue tabs that where missing.
added a brace under the boom so it won't break off to easy.
spooled black thread and made a hook brace.
I Messed up my tail lights and have to make new ones, Thats later.
Now I'm starting the King.

Attachments

• 100_0411.jpg
    100_0411.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_0413.jpg
    100_0413.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_0414.jpg
    100_0414.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 145

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
stagecoach said:
:( SORRY didn't mean anything bad.
I just feel bad that not everyone can enjoy the craft like everyone else.

No problem and it's no offense meant to either you or Billy. I have seen this kind of thing spiral out of control and turn very very ugly on other forums so quickly it'll make your head spin. As we do have a lot of younger visitors to this forum and this thread more and more (according to my emails at least) I simply thought it best to do a "Barney Fife" and 'Nip it in the bud'. :grin:

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
stagecoach said:
Mater done went together fairly well Had to make one part. the piece infront of the engine compartment where the radiator would be located, and a hole bunch glue tabs that where missing.
added a brace under the boom so it won't break off to easy.
spooled black thread and made a hook brace.
I Messed up my tail lights and have to make new ones, Thats later.
Now I'm starting the King.

Shoot. That's probably nicer than my builds going to be.....boom hoist looks like it went smoothly.
Lack of tabs on the eng comp piece noted. (I've got a text file in each cars folder where I'm putting this info)
Getting ready to start designing Red.