DCC Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Gary!
I'm one of the members who never votes in any of the polls, because the browser I use won't allow me to...:rolleyes:

I'm also one of those modelers who has yet to venture into the rapidly expanding world of DCC.
I do believe though, that like knuckle couplers, & other advances, DCC will eventually become the rule, rather than the exception throughout the hobby.
Therefore, I believe that any informational, & educational resources would be a benefit to all modelers, especially the severely "electronically challenged" idiots like myself! :D :rolleyes: :D
I think a section devoted to DCC would be a good idea...

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
My current layout is being wired for DCC which I now have. My previous layouts were wired for DC. DCC wiring it is a joy and so much simpler. No more blocks and cab control with all those DPDT switches. I still believe that DC makes sense for smaller layouts but for muliple train running and walk around, DCC is sure worth it. If there was a DCC forum here I don't know how much I would use it because once up and operating with DCC there isn't much need.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I'm one of the members who never votes in any of the polls, because the browser I use won't allow me to
Charlie,

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using? It could be that you need a bit of reconfiguring maybe:confused:

I agree with all that you've said. Although I am not "electronically challenged", I still can learn a lot from those that have been there. And from what I can see, you should certainly not consider yourself "challenged" in any areas related to MRR. If you are, you sure know how to overcome these shortcomings.:D I've learned a lot for you since I've come this forum; maybe I can return the favor one of these days.:) :) :) :)

D:cool: N

Donn Welton

Aug 27, 2001
Long Island, New York
Visit site

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I guess I'm not incline to be as generaous about Gartner's site as Donn. Trying to use it from time to time is why I came away with the question of why not have a place on the Gauge dealing with DCC as the Gauge is where I prefer to spend my time and where I am, as a general rule, very comfortable with those folks I deal with on here.

Bob

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
I voted for the separate forum but to be honest, recommend the Yahoo forums for NCE and DCCforall (possibly others). There is a very high level of expertise on them that could probably not be duplicated here.

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
XavierJ123, I was wondering the same thing too. Perhaps the difference is that a forum with a moderator is focused on giving "expert advice" while a bulletin board represents general comments from the group. Any expert advice on this??

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Umm... guys...

Take a look at the date of the original poll. It's almost two years ago, and if I recall correctly, it did result in the DCC section we now enjoy. :)

Andrew

billwv

Jan 13, 2005
West Virginia
I agree -- what would be different from the current "DCC Forum." It can get to where there are too many places to keep track of/look at.

But, I did vote for it. I agree that my experience with this forum is better than with some of the others -- people seem friendlier, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.