D. YOUNGS Machinery Wholesaler

P

philip

cereal

Robin: You must eat a lot of cereal. This project is really sharp. Keep it up!

philip :cool:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I Did It Again!?

%$#@!!
Sorry, Robin...in no way did I mean to insinuate that your moideling skill has anything to do with a bad 80's sitcom!:eek: :rolleyes:My typing skills on the other hand...well...here we go again...
eoads, bug brushes, loading socks, the list goes on...& on...:D And now we have a new one...(Jon, are you getting this?) MORKMANSHIP?!...geez...

WORKMANSHIP...that's what I meant Robin!
That word is pretty much synonomous with your name, my friend!
Just like TYPO is synonomous with mine!:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's beautiful robin! I really like the stone work on the first floor and the weathered wood siding on the rest of the structure. Neat evening light effect shot in that last picture!
Ralph

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Re: I Did It Again!?

Originally posted by Charlie
moideling skill

Don't look now but the curse goes on...

Charlie, we used to have a city councilman in Baltimore named Dominic "Mimi" DePetri. He would regularly visit the coffee "urinal" while arguing money for the city's new "insinuator" to burn trash while being a guardian of the "Constipation" of the United States. No kidding, his words. Maybe Robin'll come up with a factory just for you. "Charlie's Word Processing and Salvage" maybe?:eek: ;) :p :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Lots of fun guys and many thanks for your generous comments.
Charlie, if you look through any of my old posts you will see many spellong eraros .
You are not alone.
Todays photo shows I have added a stairway and a crane on the upper deck and some other stuff.

Attachments

• ym5.jpg
    ym5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 217

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Re: Re: I Did It Again!?

Wow Robin!
How do you do such quality work in such record time? :eek: :cool:
Once again, that is some fantastic moidel...er...I mean...modeling, my friend! :D

Originally posted by shaygetz

Don't look now but the curse goes on...

Charlie, we used to have a city councilman in Baltimore named Dominic "Mimi" DePetri. He would regularly visit the coffee "urinal" while arguing money for the city's new "insinuator" to burn trash while being a guardian of the "Constipation" of the United States. No kidding, his words. Maybe Robin'll come up with a factory just for you. "Charlie's Word Processing and Salvage" maybe?:eek: ;) :p :D

Shaygetz,
I have tears running down my face I'm laughing so hard reading your post!:D :D :D
It reminds me so much of a guy I knew down in western Ky...
This guy managed to get to be CEO of a big coal co, but the English language was something that continually elluded him...
One time he told us that his mother was having surgery to have the "cattleracks" removed from her eyes!
Another time, his wife had to have a "hicktorectomy"...they weren't sure what was wrong, but she had a lot of "information"!
Another time, when someone complained about the summer heat, he said, "It's not so much the heat, as it is the humility"!:rolleyes: :D

p.s. I'm glad somebody is guarding our "constipation"! :D

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Robin,
You continue to amaze me, not just with the quality of your work but with your speed. It seems you never come up for air, and you must have folks for miles around saving cardboard for you!

Given the quality and speed of your work, if "practice makes perfect" I'd say you're just about there!

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Well I must admit that the LPBs working on this project keep surprising me. Yesterday (Sunday) I was busy flipping between NASCAR Winston Cup racing, Canadian Football between Montreal and Saskatchewan, Toronto Blue Jays playing the Orioles and of course the many NFL games being played. Each time I looked at the model, the LPBs had added something more so I guess that's why it gets done so quickly. These guys don't take any time off you know!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Robin,
How is it you seem to be the only one who can get any work out of your LPB's? I have to threaten mine with the sprue cutters just to get them to stay where I put them!

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Another angle. Still some track work to do in this industrial corridor. Well that's it for this project.
Thanks for all the support you have given me.
Hope my methods help to get anyone going into sctatchbuilding.

Attachments

• ym7.jpg
    ym7.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 237

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Belg, to make the stone wall I cut cerealboard into 1/4 inch by 3/16th of an inch then glued them to the background wall in the usual brick method.. To do this on a hillside I would start with a level floor with supports then cut wall sections to fit the grade then glue the stone sections parallel to the floor.

CortezA

Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
As a new person to the boards, I am simply amazed by your work. I am always look forward to seeing what you have done.

What kind of paints do you use on the cereal board and the cardboard?

Thank you,
Cortez

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Robin,
Superb building as always my friend. Just one question - how big a room is your railroad in. I can't imagine putting so many buildings into it. Great work.

Shamus

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Welcome to the Gauge Cortez, the paint I use is those bottles of acrylic craft paint sold in most craft stores, $ stores and places like Walmart.
Paul, my layout is in a room that is 26ft. by 11 ft.. It goes around the wall and down the centre.

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
WOW !

Robin, that's one terrific piece of work! Your loading dock gives me some ideas for framing one out at my paper mill.

Okay, for those of us not familiar with the terms, what's an LPB? ... and, what is "cerealboard? Is it like bristol board or some other sort of finished card product? Does it have plies? What is the thickness you use?

Thanks for sharing your posts with us. --Stu--

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Robin:
The finished product really looks good. It will have to shame me into finishing my scratchbuilding project.
Stu:
Cerealboard is usually found wrapped around corn flakes, rice crispies, etc. The price is right for us fixed income types. :cool: