Cypress Trees

Trestle bridge

I also finished this trestle that will be in the swamp with the cypress trees. Any ideas on the best way to work the piers into the base. The water is painted but not coated with any "water" process, just basic paint. The piers will be sitting on a cross member at the water line......some will be on an embankment. I was thinking that I will need to use plaster cloth to work around up to the bottom corss members then repaint as needed. Any thoughts if this is the correct approach. :confused:

Attachments

• trestle1.jpg
    trestle1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 140
  • cypress-trestle2.jpg
    cypress-trestle2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 145

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Matthyro said:
I guess you only see cypress trees in the deep south or am I wrong. They look great as does the trestle By.

They grow in water. When I've visited my inlaws in Florida, I've never seen any dirt around a cypress tree. The dirt and roots are always covered by water.

Cypress tree trunks

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. JBB the trunks are made of Sculpy sculpting clay. Knead it up, work it into a shape, in this case just rolling it out on a table makes the long pointed shape, then I just flared and made folds at the base and baked it for about 10 min in the kitchen oven till hard. Painted them 3 various shades of gray with white dry brush high lights. I twisted a few "branches" of green floral wire to hold the growies in place. I am going to try to make spanish moss out of gray tread balled up then pulled, got to try that one yet.