Cpr 2816

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
After the Empress posed for almost an hour for photo's, she backed way up up of sight so she could get up a good head of steam and then came barrelling thru on the farther track to everyone's delight.

The feeling I had as she rushed by me was indescribable. And as I watched her chuff into the distance, a tear sprang into my eye, which wasn't caused by the sun.

What a wonderful day - gorgeous locomotive, beautiful summer weather, and a good time had by all. So glad I made this trip!!!! Thanks CPR!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Val

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
Great pictures everyone. I was just outside of Milton, She stopped to let an eastbound freight clear the station. Nice to see 2816 start up, I shot some video, Now I realize how loud the grade crossing bell 20 feet behind me realy is.... More video coming out of Milton and some final footage emerging from the Hunter Street tunnel.
Thanks to everyone who posted time and details and also thanks for sharing your thoughts and views.:wave: :thumb: :wave: :thumb: :D
kkd

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
I spent about 45 minutes at the Smiths Falls Railway Museum yesterday (actually I spent the whole day there) looking at some video footage that a friend had taken of #2816 on her way east (along with some old footage that had been taken along the St Lawrence canals, the CNR main line, and the Brockville & Westport Railway in 1942).

The video got rewound and replayed quite a few times.