Count Dooku Build

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
I'm attempting to build Count Dooku to go along with my paper Yoda. They're both based on characters from the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon series (if you haven't seen it, go rent it!!) If anyone has completeted him before, i'd love to see some pictures for reference. The website where the model came from only has a very small one which doesn't help very much.

http://piromodel.fc2web.com/dooku/newpage24.html

M

Mark_1984

Interesting looking model - someof the other Star wars models onthat site look good as well. Are you goign to do a build thread ?

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
It's getting late and my eyes are going wonky from the small cuts on this model. I pretty much have page 1 cut out and few pieces on the go. The ears are pretty small and i think the nose will be just as hard, but once they're done i believe it will all be easy sailing. Here's a pic of what i have finished so far.

pap019.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
i haven't forgotten about this build. New responsibilities at work are keeping my nights tied up a little more, which means less time for building. Anyway here's whats happened so far....
I finished the head, the ears and the nose were a lot more simple than i thought. But i wasn't impressed with my overall build of the head. It looks a little lopsided in places. I may give it another go when i complete the rest of the body and see which head is the best. And speaking of body that's what i'm onto next. The chest is almost done and the lower torso is complete. Leaving the next hardest part, the hands. I hate small pieces especially with my fat thumbs.

pap020.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
i haven't forgotten about this build. New responsibilities at work are keeping my nights tied up a little more, which means less time for building. Anyway here's whats happened so far....
I finished the head, the ears and the nose were a lot more simple than i thought. But i wasn't impressed with my overall build of the head. It looks a little lopsided in places. I may give it another go when i complete the rest of the body and see which head is the best. And speaking of body that's what i'm onto next. The chest is almost done and the lower torso is complete. Leaving the next hardest part, the hands. I hate small pieces especially with my fat thumbs.

pap020.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
Bump. Here's what i've finished tonight. The torso and lower skirt is done along with the belt between the two. Nothing is attached yet and i plan on colouring all the score lines to make it look a little better. Tomorrow i'll start on the arms and finish the hips.

pap022.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
Bump. Here's what i've finished tonight. The torso and lower skirt is done along with the belt between the two. Nothing is attached yet and i plan on colouring all the score lines to make it look a little better. Tomorrow i'll start on the arms and finish the hips.

pap022.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
tonights update....
I glued the chest and head together. He still leans his head to the side. I finished the hips (which are hidden under the skirt) and i started an arm and hand. I hate small pieces like the thumb.
This model is taking me longer than any other i've done before, and its starting to show. Other than a few little details i'm really proud of the build so far. I didn't include a pic tonight since it looks pretty much the same as the previous posts pic.

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
tonights update....
I glued the chest and head together. He still leans his head to the side. I finished the hips (which are hidden under the skirt) and i started an arm and hand. I hate small pieces like the thumb.
This model is taking me longer than any other i've done before, and its starting to show. Other than a few little details i'm really proud of the build so far. I didn't include a pic tonight since it looks pretty much the same as the previous posts pic.

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
It's been a while but i haven't forgotten. The arms are now complete but i think i may have put them on the wrong sides, i'm not really sure. They'll probably look better with lightsaber's in the hands. I watched the clone wars cartoons last night for inspiration and i have gotten a jump on the legs (pun intended) today.

pap024.jpg

pap026.jpg

loafandjug

Feb 16, 2007
Sarnia, Canada
www.myspace.com
It's been a while but i haven't forgotten. The arms are now complete but i think i may have put them on the wrong sides, i'm not really sure. They'll probably look better with lightsaber's in the hands. I watched the clone wars cartoons last night for inspiration and i have gotten a jump on the legs (pun intended) today.

pap024.jpg

pap026.jpg