Construction site?

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
papio said:
I thought so too, so I decided to order one of the Volvo Excavators! Will be interesting to see how they compare to Norscott's line of Cat equipment.

Ed

Based on what I see on the web site they don't come close to the detail of Norscott models but appear to be a great value. I'd touch up the pins or whatever they use at the working joints - a dead giveaway to a toy model.

Peter T Davis

Apr 14, 2004
New England
www.zealot.com
CalFlash said:
Based on what I see on the web site they don't come close to the detail of Norscott models but appear to be a great value. I'd touch up the pins or whatever they use at the working joints - a dead giveaway to a toy model.
I'm not sure what you mean, those actually are Norscot.

papio

Sep 6, 2004
Papillion, NE
CalFlash said:

Received my Volvo track-loader today and am quite impressed with it. It actually has greater detail than the Norscott model, there are no pins at the working joints, they are for the most part, incorporated into the design. In fact, when comparing the Norscott with this item, I see the pins on the Norscott are much more obvious than those on the Motorart unit. I'm not knocking the Norscott line, it's far past due that someone introduced a line of modern construction equipment, and they've done a great job of doing it! So, here's another option for the modeler to take advantage of, where neither is a "toy model", and are reasonably priced .

Ed