Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Good evening everyone or is it 1sign1

No work, no trains, nada here except for the Wii baseball I now hurt from 6 games of baseball had to quit:eek:

A little snow is expected by weekend here:cool:

Gas is $1.69 herebounce7:driver1::drag1:

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
No error yet, but I haven't hit post. Worked today and signed up for Saturday, 8 hours! That's it for OT for the month due to computer upgrades and then the holiday. Then we travel to KC for a weekend, and then Christmas - man, where did this year go? Trainz shipped my bobbing head santa car and I found it on the porch today - yay!

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 60, very cloudy and wet. Good weather if you're a duck. The high today will be in the upper 70's and it will be mostly cloudy with a fair chance of rain.

I fine tuned the SDP40F's yesterday and got the acceleration and deceleration rates to my liking and set the high speed to about 80 smph. I want to get the Kodachrome GP38-2 done but it's decoder went to the SDP40F B, so I'll have to wait until I can lay my hands on another decoder.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/14/2008

Wind Chill: 59°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.03"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Now through 07:00 AM CST November 14, 2008

Through 7 AM...scattered showers will develop over the coastal waters between Cameron and the lower Atchafalaya River out to 60 nm. This activity will extend inland across portions of southwest Louisiana...mainly east of a Cameron to Lake Charles to ragley line. Otherwise...an area of light to moderate rain will continue to move north across western portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas and the adjacent coastal waters mainly west of Cameron. Rain amounts will be around a quarter of an inch or less...except in the heavier showers where rates of up to one and a half inches an hour are possible. These heavier rains will occur mainly over the coastal waters from Cameron to 60 nm south of Cameron.

Today High: 78 Patchy fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

P1010294.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 55 F on the way in today. I was in and out of fog and showers. High today will be 63 F.

With the rain and leaves the roads were slick. I passed a couple of accidents.

I have not been posting for the last few days. I got hit with a nasty virus and was down and out for a few days. I had a bad cough and kept getting the chills. I never had a fever, however. I felt really run down and basically spent half of Wednesday and all day yesterday either sleeping or trying to sleep. I still have a slight cough and feel somewhat drained but no where near what I felt the past few days.

This weekend will start off busy. We have the collection of food items for our Scouting for Food Drive. We will box them and bring them to a local food shelter. We also have the bi-weekly restocking of cupboards.

I am hoping to at least get some train running in and perhaps work some on few items I have to repair. I have a couple of cars that little details have either been knocked off or are loose and need to be reattached.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good evening, I missed the birthday page somehow, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Drizzle and 53 today but getting colder Sat. and staying that way. No trains today, chopped leaves with the mower and then drained the gas out of it for the winter. Jeff you are not chopped liver, you just were not in the caboose same time I was. didn't see you there. TTFN..S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Happy birthday John! Hope you get something with flanged wheels! Did I miss another one?

48 degrees in St. Louis. Working 8 hours tomorrow at time and a half - yay! Gotta say I like that Amtrak loco, Jeffrey, thanks for the pic.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 49 and clear. Today's high is expected to be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I received some Bachmann decoders in the mail yesterday still attached to the circuit boards from the locos they were in. It was only a minor task of just 5 minutes to disconnect them from the boards and remove the plugs so I'll have wire ends to solder to when I install the decoders in locos that are waiting for them. Yeah, I don't mind using Bachmann decoders, especially when they're FREE. I also have to do some track testing when I get the chance for it. Seems that my inside loop has a dead spot. Probably a feeder that broke loose.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/15/2008

Wind Chill: 42°F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 32mph NNE

Today High: 60 Mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs around 60. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010040.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Howdy, An early visit today as we are going to the church at five for a turkey dinner, The idea being bring someone and just maybe they might like it there and come for a service. For me it's a practice run for thanksgiving. It's been raining since last nite and could turn to snow by this overnite. No trains today, watching two football games flipping channels, at least they will be over for the day. Sometimes it's one after the other all day. Have a good weekend...S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday, I was busy and didn't get a chance to get one till now.

Went to the TCA, Keystone Division train meet this morning and picked up an MTH premier wreck crane and boom car lettered for Reading. On the way home I stopped at cool trains and bought a North Pole Central set to run on the layout for the grandkids. Also picked up a Lionel 2008 Christmas car. For some reason the little 4-4-2 Lionel in that set doesn't like my 042 Realtrax switches. My larger steamers go through them with no problem? I'm trying a mod, will let you know if it works.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Nice loco, Jeffrey!

John - sounds like a nice haul, let us know how modding the 4-4-2 goes. Is it an old conventional one?

35 degrees in St. Louis and snow flurries! Yikes, a couple days ago it was about 60 degrees!!!