Combine Boneyard

F

Fred_M

Came across this strange site today, a field with 1000s, yes 1000s of junk combines. They were sorted by color (brand). No signs saying FOR SALE or Jrs. Salvage or anything, just combines. Not really a train thing, but it's scenery. Fred

combineyard1.jpg

F

Fred_M

The last one. Note nothing but combines; no loose junk about. Nice neat junk yard. Notice the vultures. Fred

combineyard4.jpg

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Had to see the combines...you know, baggage car, coach, diner, observation, vista-dome, RPO, combine as in part baggage, part coach, you know, the Pullman kind. Never figured on the John Deere kind...great shots :thumb:

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
That guy is gonna' farm some day. He just wants to be prepared. :)

I've heard of cornering the market befor, but isn't that a little silly?

He still cant find that illusive carborator. Keeps thinkin' "This will be the one!" Then he gets it home and finds out it's wore out too!

But he keeps looking. :D

TrainClown :wave:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Fred,Here in Ohio we have one such bone yard..Its located on Rt.4 north about mid way between Chatfield and Attica(if I recall correctly even though I been by there hundreds of times).Not only do they have combines bit old tractors and other such farm equipment...

F

Fred_M

We have tractor salvages too Brakie, but this was in a farm field out in the country with no sign of a sign (hehe). There we no tractors or implements, only combines. It's just plain strange, even to me. Fred