Collinwood Coaling Tower

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spankybird, Oct 25, 2005.

1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

This is the old Coaling Tower that is down at Collinwood yards in Cleveland.

John (csxt30) and I went down after the toy show and took these pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

just wanted to share it with all

:wave:
  2. zedob

zedob Member

Silent drivethrough for hungry horse ghosts.

That must have been a real scene on a early cold winter morning during it's hey-day.
  3. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

I see that often..

I usually bring in Q640 & leave with Q641 at least once a week. I think Collinwood is a well designed yard with fuel stations on both ends, and the intermodal is out of the way from the mainline. Keeping that coaling tower is a nice reminder of the yard's beginnings.
  4. csxt30

csxt30 Member

[​IMG]Highball Q641 ! CSXENGINEER: Can't recall if you pick up, or drop off in Ashabula or not. The symbol sounds familiar, though. I work on the block truck there & only work occasionally in the yard. Usually in Fairview changing wheels. Good to see you over here ! Come on over to the coffee pot if you get a chance ! Thanks, John
    Oh, that's called " Come on over to the caboose and get a cup of coffee " Topic
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is one big coaling tower. Great Picture.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

wrong direction

I actually come in and leave Collinwood from the short line Parma-Collinwood. The Buffalo guys bring it past Ashtabula to station W for us. I do occassionally take trains down the NS line & over to Ashtabula west yard (not harbor), or the Buffalo connection track, too. Have you ever heard CSX collinwood yardmaster "gunner"? He still highballs trains with steam lingo...spot tenders, etc.