CNW Caboose seen...

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by UP SD40-2, Feb 18, 2007.

1. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

On my way to the Madison show yesterday, there is an overpass that i take to get on I90 in Janesville, the overpass goes right over UP's yard. as i was looking at the yard i noticed a CNW caboose on the end of a line of autoracks:eek:. honestly, the caboose didn't look to be in bad shape at all, no CNW or UP logos on it, but i could see where the CNW logo was painted over. i wonder what it was there for?:confused: anyone have any ideas? :D-Deano
  2. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

Maybe someone bought it, or it was donated to a museum, and it was being transported to the new owners.
  3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

CNW CABOOSE jawdrop WOW, wish I coulda been there :D
    Did ya get a chance to snap a pic or did ya forget it at home like everyone does when they see something cool hamrwall1
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

No big deal..Railroads still uses cabooses in some types of service such as locals that make long reverse moves,mine runs that makes long reverse moves etc.
  5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANKS for the responses guys!:thumb:

Josh, couldn't take a pic, i was driving, and was on an overpass, so i couldn't pull over:cry:.
    :D -Deano
  6. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Bummer lol