CN Pacific 5125 at Interlocking

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Here is a shot of freight running on my layout in progress. The 4-6-2 Pacific is lettered with the "tilted wafer" for CN. Pulling about 10 cars, including caboose. It is just passing the turnout to the yard. HO scale.

Andrew

Attachments

• pacific at interlocking sm.jpg
    pacific at interlocking sm.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 83

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for the comments Chris and Val!

Yes, it is Code 100 sectional. If I had to do it again, I would use code 83 flex I think. The era is supposed to be 20s and 30s, so the really heavy stuff was pretty rare. I also use snap swiches for the tight turns required by a 4x8 layout, but I looked at a PECO code 83 Y the other day at the LHS, and, well, drool drool drool... Very nice! Maybe next time!

I looked at your pictures in the homasote thread Val, and I think you are further ahead.... It has taken me 2 years to get to track sitting on plywood! It is not even attached, I have cork roadbed to install next, which I got almost a year ago. I have finally finished the elevations just this past weekend. I used cookie cutter with 1/2" plywood. I had experimented with homemade blue styrofoam risers and grades, but decided against it in the end.

:):):)

Andrew