CN HO Trainmaster Pictures

urbancowboy

May 13, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.traintracker.ca
Hello,

The last week I have been preping and painting an Athearn HO Trainmaster dummy undecorated engine to paint in the CN Red/Black/White scheme. I'm almost close to finishing it, the final steps I still need to take are applying the decals, and spraying a clear coat finish on the model. The following pictures show what I have accomplished so far:

Front View
Side View
Rear View

You'll notice on the front and rear of the model there is some smudged white paint, I'm thinking of using a cotton swab with paint thinner to remove the smudges and clean up the paint job alittle. I am open to any comments or suggestions you may have.

This is my second HO paint job to date. My first was an SD40 painted in a Blue/Yellow/White scheme with my companies logo on each side. It turned out fair but I am not particularly happy with the end result. Hopefully this model will meet my standards. I think it looks good so far.

One more thing, I will be using Microscale CN decals which are made for an SD70I except they will go on my Trainmaster engine instead.

Later,
Urbancowboy

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Looks better than I could do two tone. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I fear the thinner won't remove the paint if it has dried thoroughlly, but it certainly won't hurt to try. You might just have to paint black over the top, after masking the white off. You may have better luck with the masking if you seal the tape on with some white paint or dullcoat to keep the black from bleeding through.

F

Fred_M

Looks great. I don't know if it's acceptable to you but how about a decal on that smudge, a red stripe decals, do the whole pilot in white and black zebra srtipes would be cool, repaint the black, or just weather it extra heavy. Cool beans anyway. Want to do some Yellow and Black PA2s for me for pratice? :) FRED

urbancowboy

May 13, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.traintracker.ca
Thanks jon-monon and Dash 10, I'm glad you like it.

Dash, what does a PA2 look like, depending on how detailed the paint scheme is I wouldn't mind taken a crack at painting 2 PA2's. It would take me at the most a week or 2 to finish them.

Later,
urbancowboy

F

Fred_M

A FA2 looks like this... I want zebra striped front and yellow stripe and no fireball. :thumb: FRED
wm303.jpg
FRED​

urbancowboy

May 13, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.traintracker.ca
Yeah I could do that.

I'll get a side and front view drawing of the FA2 and first create the paint scheme digitally and then I'll post the pictures on my website so that you can see what it would look like.

To confirm I would have yellow zebra stripes on a diagonal similiar to the CN Zebra paint scheme correct?

Later,
urbancowboy

F

Fred_M

Like this, black body, yellow strips like first, ZMT roadnames, number 3 and 7
cp4091.JPG.90353.thumb

F

Fred_M

Decals, have plenty, and yellow comb stripes too. LOL, they are Railroad Roman #4 . was just gonna paint the undec shells black, decal them, and dullcoat. FRED

F

Fred_M

I just purchased 2 new one this morning. What ya gonna charge? PS, just the shells.FRED

urbancowboy

May 13, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.traintracker.ca
Well I have completed my second to date custom painted Train. :) I'm very pleased with the results, however, there are a few things I have noted to do a little differently with the next one I paint.

The pictures don't show the decal detail but there is a small decal at each of the ends located over top of the long white bar. The decal says "Caution No Floorboard". I also decided to include a Fire Extenguisher sign on one side of the engine.

This engine will go right in my CN Display case.
Click HERE to view my CN display case. The display case was a gift from my parents for my Birthday. My parents bought it at "Michaels Arts and Crafts" and then my dad stained the wood.

You can view my recent finished project by clicking on the 2 links below.

CN Trainmaster View 1

CN Trainmaster View 2

Later,
urbancowboy