Close up pictures

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Hello!

i consider myself ok at taking pictures, but i've been having problems lately. for some reason, my camera refuses to take pictures of my models up close. to get nice "ok" pictures, i need to move 2 feet back and zoom in, which isn't always an option, and things are as sharp as i'd like. I know the camera can zoom in on that stuff, because when i hold the button down half way it focuses a split second before focusing on the wall behind it :rolleyes:.

I have a Canon Powershot A75. Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the settings so that it will take close in pictures?

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
you could always buy a camera with a manual focus, i believe those are much more useful. but im sure thats not your first option

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
60103 said:
GEC: is it possible that your foucus area has changed? Mine has selections for "just in the center" to "average 4 points" to "average the whole frame".

I would have no clue how to do that

pooka2hot4u said:
you could always buy a camera with a manual focus, i believe those are much more useful. but im sure thats not your first option

I used a camera like that once for school, but i forgot how to set the camera manually:rolleyes: all i remember are the precise times to move the film from one spot to another. I wouldn't mind doing that though if i could refresh memory with all of that. I think F-stop is how long the shudder is open, but i can't remember what p is. depth of feild? man i need to ask my teacher about that.

if you do know how to do it manually, i'll probably remember if you explain it a bit, just to jarr my memory!

LongIslandTom said:
Hmm... Sounds like you might need to turn on "Macro Zoom." Look for that in the manual and see how to turn it on if it hasn't been.

Good luck!

my parents says it has a macro setting, and they can't find it. I also can't seem to locate this thing's manual.

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
well we have one. i really dont know much about operating cameras other than turning it on and taking the picture. but all i know is that one of ours you can focus manually by spining the different rings around the lens. i dont know about any digitals that do that.

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
GEC,

First, the setting for the macro is a button which has a flower on it. I'm not familiar with your particular camera but the flower has become a standard for the macro function.

Second, go to Canon's web site and you should be able to download a copy of the manual, generally in a PDF format.

Hope this helps.

Tom

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
LongIslandTom said:
Hey, you are not getting off the hook so easily.

You have to show some befores-and-afters, you know. :D

lol, i was already ahead of you! Here is one!

this is my GP38 previous to detailing with the camera a foot and half away szoomed in. I had to pick up my Bralick building so that the camera could move far enough back for it to focus.

newpictures112206021edimu7.jpg

Now here is my GP38 detailed in more or less the same spot, but with camera across the street as opposed to "in the building". Its certainly more convenient to just put the camera down in the street! the lightign is alittle off, and the only other thing i can complain about is now the rear end is blurry, but i think it still looks nicer than the above, and i'm sure i can adjust it so the depth of field takes in the whole locomotive!

macrolense11607003mediujw8.jpg

thanks guys!