Classic cylon rifle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by movieman, Feb 4, 2010.

1. movieman

movieman Member

Here is a photo of the classic cylon rifle I made, it is un-fibreglassed and painted at the moment, I did this model as I have a cylon outfit, hence I needed the prop.

steve

[​IMG]
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Very COOL! I still love the original show. Any chance you will ever design the "Colonial Lazer"? I have the Cylon costume files and the Colonial Viper helmet files.

Clif
  3. ekuth

ekuth Guest

THAT is going to complement my Gold Centurion outfit quite nicely.
  4. movieman

movieman Member

I would be very easy to replace the barrel and bayonet with perspex, which would make it look more screen accurate.
  5. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Planning on uploading this one too? *beg, beg*
  6. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Yes! Yes! Please place in download file! 1:1 scifi models are GREAT to make and show off to friends!
  7. movieman

movieman Member

Cylon rifle upload

Yes I will be uploading the Cylon rifle once I have tweaked it a bit more, should be uploaded simetime this weekend, and yes I will make a start on the colonial laser pistol as soon as I get the time.
  8. grifco2000

grifco2000 Member

Most excellent!! Love the original series (the new one wasn't too bad to start with but fizzled badly at the end)

This would be a fabulous addition to the cylon armour released by BazookaJoe!!
  9. clif52

clif52 Banned

Great news on the Colonial Blaster. I've wanted one of those for years. I recently found a file for the Rocketeer's Helmet over on the 405th's site. Now if I can just figure out how to build Rocketman's Helmet and rocketpack from the old serials I can finish decorating my art studio with vintage scifi. I love your Proton Pack from Ghostbusters. Keep up the great design work. Are you designing everything in 3D then taking it to Pepakura for unfolding?. I'm still trying to design in 2D and repainting in Photoshop.

Clif
  10. movieman

movieman Member

Colonial Blaster

Ok I have researched the Colonial Blaster and yes I can produce one in 3D Meta and then papercraft it.

Here are a couple of ref pictures I found to work from, though not sure of the scale yet, but that is a not a problem, if you can ok these designs clif52 i will make a start on it.

Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

Awesome! I attend a large paintball tournament every year, and would dearly love to convert my paintball marker to a Cylong Rifle (ummmm.... any durable but soft solutions for the bayonet?)
  12. clif52

clif52 Banned

Looks great Steve. I've been out of commision for the weekend with a major snow storm and just got back online at work this morning. I haven't had electricity for most of the weekend and my internet is still down. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Thanks from all the Battlestar Galactica fans for this one. The only model I've ever seen of it was an expensive resin kit. I can't wait to get some time and start building what you have uploaded.

Thanks
    Clif
  13. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Kjev, how about replacing it with a piece of that white craft foam that you can get at the craft store or Walmart? I've seen flexable clear somewhere thats 1/4" thick. The problem I can't remember where I saw it.

Clif
  14. movieman

movieman Member

Cylon rifle added

For all you Cylons out there, the Cylon rifle has been added to the download area awaiting approval, you can either make it up in card or use some parts as stencils to make parts in wood, the barrel and baynot can be replaced with perpex, I have left this file unlocked so you can edit it to your needs.

Have fun

Steve
  15. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Approved! :thumb:
  16. thokamous

thokamous New Member

cool rifle you said you had the outfit i have the top part where did you get the leg peices?
  17. Red

Red Member

and can the patterns be downloaded ?
    Please give us a link or PM it :mrgreen:
  18. movieman

movieman Member

Hi thokamous, I created a PDO pattern for my leg armour on my cylon outfit as the armour I purchased from ebay for a nice price of £70 , not sure what that is in dollers, and that only included the top armour parts, I also had to create the belt buckle parts using the Papercraft technology and then fibreglassed them up and painted them with alcad high chrome paint, which has a finish of about 90% real chrome, but for the fraction of the cost of real chroming. If you want the PDO patterns for the leg armour just PM me your e-mail address as I don't think I can upload the Pdo files here as they are not really classed as papercraft, I just used this technology to solve a lot of problems in both my leisure and work.

steve
  19. Kjev

Kjev Member

As for what file types count as papercraft, I'd shoot a PM to Ekuth.

I think it's the medium the model is made from that makes it papercraft or otherwise, not the file it comes from. But the Big E is the person to ask.
  20. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Please feel free to post the armor parts! I myself would love to have them as my outfit is only 1/2 complete. :mrgreen: