ChChChChanges......

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the title of a thread after you've posted it? I recently added some photographs to the thread "A mysterious movement of..." and wanted to change it to read "NEW PICTURES ADDED to a mysterious movement of...". Using the edit function would seem to allow it, but the change will not post. Any suggestions?

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Don,
I got the notification about the PM, but when I click on the link, nothing shows.
I tried clicking on everything, in turn, on that page, but the only thing that shows up are the messages that I sent.

Wayne (professional computer dummy)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, go to the top of the screen and click on "private messages". The screen should come up with your "inbox". If it doesn't, go to the left and and click on the arrow next to "Private messages" and the drop-down menu will show "inbox" and "Sent items". Click on "inbox", and you should now have the list of all you received PMs, old and new arranged by date. Click on the one I sent you and it should come up. If it doesn't show in your "inbox" let me know and I'll send it to you again, or I can email my reply to you.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
can you post the trick to changing thread titles in here???? i remember i had difficulty changing it before...

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I followed your instructions: there is nothing in the inbox. (What a popular boy am I!). I also tried to email you, but I had a message pop up that said to contact somebody to get something or other updated. I certainly don't mind if your post the answer on the "ChChChChanges..." site, as CavlrZ requested. Otherwise, just email me.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
doctorwayne said:
I followed your instructions: there is nothing in the inbox. (What a popular boy am I!). I also tried to email you, but I had a message pop up that said to contact somebody to get something or other updated. I certainly don't mind if your post the answer on the "ChChChChanges..." site, as CavlrZ requested. Otherwise, just email me.

Wayne
OK, since there are answers to your other questions, I re-sent the PM and also emailed the same reply to you. You should get it at one place or the other, hopefully, both.:D

But to address the changing thread titles, no, you cannot do it. If it's a real "must do" situation (typos or really bad choice of titles), than any one of the mods can help you make the changes. But, that being said, I would not change the title of a thread simply because you added pictures to it. That happens all the time and people just look for the thread to show new posts to see you had added pics.

Let me know if for some reason you do not get either my PM or email. I'll work with you as long as necessary to get this to work for you.:wave: