Charlie

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
The tank car got here today, see what you mean about the stiff couplers. If I can't figure it out either I'll just swap em' out, no big deal. The paint job and weathering are OUTSTANDING!:cool: As soon as I can get the company photographer down to the tracks I'll post some pics. Thanks:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Yeah, sorry aboiut that...Hope that works out for you.:eek:
I really like the wheelsets on that boxcar of yours! Perhaps you could get some of those to fit.
I hope you get some good service out of it.
I tried to weather it so that it looked like some really nasty stuff had been loaded in & out of it.:)

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Got to noticing the trucks were hitting on the block that holds the pin in tight curves (which I have plenty of, same as the prototype). I think they were 1035's so I switched to 1037's (longer shank, same as on boxcar I think),tracks great and couples great now. That is a heavy tank car, did it come that way or were you able to add weight to it? If you added it, D*mn good job cause I can't see any holes or seams. If you did add it please share how cause I got a couple of 3 dome fuel cars that need it so they will track as well as this tank car!!!!!!!!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sorry Tyson, but I can't take any credit for the weight.
It's an out of the box Con Cor model that I just reworked the paint job on.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
:( Durn I was hoping to learn a new modeling trick, on well. Hope to get pics posted by this weekend, don't have a digital so I have to get film developed after taking said pics, which I hope to do Fri. maybe. Right now they got me buried at work. May have to change jobs this one's starting to interfere with the railroad:D .

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Yeah, I got one of those job things too...:rolleyes:
Don't know how I got talked into that!
Don't they know that workin' on the RR takes "all the live-long day"? :D