Can't have too many of these...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
It's not that they're hard to make but that I need so many of them for the scene I'm modeling. Every downtown fair has at least one group of about 6-8 of these familiar and odiferous icons. I found someone who'll cast me what I need if the mold works out. Here's the masters, made from memory, since I haven't seen one of this design in quite sometime.

Attachments

• portapotty.jpg
    portapotty.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 293

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
neat little things, lol

i got porto-potty on my layout too, but i'm missing one of the doors

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
shaygetz said:
:thumb: :thumb: Love that tinplate layout of your's, Cav. Is that outhouse a Plasticville issue?
all plasticville except for some trees and cars.... even though i do got plasticville trees and cars.... almost all of the plasticville is the orgininal old stuff, no new recreations... except for maybe one of em! :D

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
CavlrZ said:
i got porto-potty on my layout too, but i'm missing one of the doors
Look's like a few I've seen around here. door, what door, who needs a door to go to the bathroom? ;)

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Neat little critters, Bob, but change the color, they look like the ends of your fingers-:eek: - did you have an X-acto knife or razor saw accident?:eek:ops::p

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
NYC-BKO said:
Neat little critters, Bob, but change the color, they look like the ends of your fingers-:eek: - did you have an X-acto knife or razor saw accident?:eek:ops::p

Naw, but I did have a scary moment or two with my 4x36 belt sander :eek: I didn't know if painting them would effect the casting process by I do have a perfectly seasick shade of tourquois for the finished products.

Fred---you been in the hobby long enough to remember a product from back in the 80s called Olfactory Airs. They offered 50+ different fragrances that you'd spot around your layout prior to an operating session. Scent #716, Live Cattle mighta come close, but I have a vivid enough memory from my construction daze to water my eyes every time I look at them :eek: .

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Here's one put to work...yes, there is a prototype for it on the Union Pacific but, alas, the photo's copywrited.

Attachments

• porta.jpg
    porta.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 88

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thats neat Bob, At a recent train show here they were showing videos of a group who own skidders and they tour together and each group brings along one of those needed porto potties.