Canadian National 6060

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
This week I got the IHC 4-8-2 from a fellow modeler for 15 bucks. It's the Canadian Superstore President's choice engine from 3 christmases ago. (CNR 6060) Now before you tell me the I got a great deal I should mention that this particular engine has had a meeting with gravity not once but 3 times. The mechanism is still good but the superstucture has been damaged. Worst off is the cab, which it broken on the front and will have to be replaced. The front pilot also got hit and was repaired rather clumsily. There are a couple details that are missing as well as the tender drawbar. The tender got off fairly lightly, with only a step and the read coupler broken off.
I'll probably build a new drawbar and add a vestibule cab to her. I might replace the tender or just shorten it like I did the hudson model that I worked on last year.

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
The engine wheels have large flanges and can bottom out on some tracks.

My niece just married a DJ on one of the pop radio stations in Kelowna this past January. Kevin is the name of the DJ and I think he is on in the afternoons in Kelowna. He took my wife and I on a tour of the radio station, the building is in the downtown core.

Cheers!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
That's not really an issue since I'm old school and running code 100 track. But I have heard that the engines will run on code 83 as well.

Which radio station? There is a Kevin that is on FM 99.9 .