Can scenery be too realistic?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Holy cow Tyson! Your post and Ray's from a day or two before bring to mind that old Jim Stafford song, "I don't like spiders and snakes..." :D How's about you all keep your doors shut real tight?!? :)
Ralph

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Tyson,If'n that there varmint was on my layout at first sight I would give a new meaning to warp speed..:eek: Then I would return and deal swiftly and most expediently with it with my pellet gun..:eek: :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Tyson,
Since I'm somewhat familiar with the area of the country you live in, I know the axiom holds true...
"Where does a 9" snake spend the night?"
Answer - "Anyplace she damn well pleases!"

:D ;) :p :D
Once again, I urge you to get to work on that Tellico Gap Museum Of Natural History!:D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
A new born Dekay is about 3 1/2" long. (I found it here :cool:

In H0 this translates to 26 ft or about 8 meters. Now if you have a swamp landscape on your layout such a baby would be perfect for a BIG Anaconda! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Confucious say - "Girl with skirt up run faster than man with pants down".

I don't care what anyone thinks!!!

**Puts skirt on, lifts skirt and runs!!**

I'm not hanging around to ask that thing if it bites!! :eek:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Oh man - that must have been quite a surprise when you first saw it!!! I checked Ron's link and it turns out those snakes give birth to between 12 and 20 young. Now that would have been really something to see!!!!!

I am glad you did the right thing and returned the expectant mom to her natural habitat! People are far too quick to kill snakes IMO. Good on ya Tyson!

cheers
(nature-lovin' gal)
Val

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
All I was looking for...

...was a frog to slip down her dress, when she made it very clear! :D

Does the "Viper" still race through town on your layout? That imaginary red-eye of model railroading. The one that got you from bumf&*k to the terminal on time while you were asleep. They have a car called the viper. Now you can at least say you have the competition. Something to really "rail" the car buffs.:eek:

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you on your nest of snakes???

Cigars all around.

Tyson has unwittingly named the "midnight special" that (hand) moves those trains that need changing out, locos, equipment, etc. on my road.

Yes sir, she came like a viper in the night. All we knew the next morning was...

...there was a lot more work to do.

Congrats again Tyson?

Mark

Attachments

• snake.gif
    snake.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 136

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
It looks like one of those horror movies being made on you layout Tyson where normal creatures grow way out of scale. Need the directors seat and the camera and make up crew handy.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well tyson
you didn't have to worrie about somthing walking off did you do a head count on your pepole my brother had a snake when i was younger and it got out and in to my dads train room and ate some of his pepole like out of a movie i had a tree frog that was my son's that got out of his cage and made a new home in one part of the layout took me three days to get him after i had it put frog food to keep him alive the last time i seen a spider on the layout it went head on with a lash up of gp38-2's as it came north bound that lucky spider got passed bye the south bound and got ran down bye the north that was a little mess little spider parts in the gears and on the head loco so i learned to do a walk around of the layout to see if i see anything moving

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hmmmm Tyson, You are getting quite a collection of "critters":) :D

But....I am concerned....about this wearing "skirts" thing:confused: :D :p

Send me one of those snakes...I just read that they eat slugs for breakfast!!!:D My petunias are overrun with them!:p