Bridges & Trestles Photo Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Charlie & Bill,
Nice bridge photo's guys, looks like we shall have quite a feww photo before the last day.

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Errol,
One nice photo, and a hell of a nice trestle bridge, did you scratchbuild it?

Shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Thanks for the compliments guys, you're way too good to me :) , Could it be that you're after a drop of the "nectar of the glens"? :D

Yep Shamus, the bridge is scratch built, I had to design it myself from general photos of such things as I had no scale drawings. All timber is balsa with plastic nut/bolt/washer detail and a few scraps of brass wire for the vertical stressing rods. It needs a lot more weathering though.

Errol

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
I had to stage this scene alittle, (theres only a short piece of track under the lower engine, and you'll have to excuse the back drop, at least this time it's not a cat:) :) )

Then it took a few post to get it the right size.

Attachments

• 011 cropped.jpg
    011 cropped.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 114

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Here's mine. The scenery is done, the sky kinda has a wood grain look to it, with patches of white that look like sculpta mold, but its the only bridge so far on the lay-out.

Attachments

• 9w on bridge.jpg
    9w on bridge.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 198

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Nice one Marty ... Nothing like the prospects of being run down by a diesel loco to motivate the old leg muscles .. :) :)

Interurban.... great pic you got there. Cant help but think that's a Bachmann "Doodlebug" converted to a Mississippi steamboat. I love it! Innovation at it's best!:)

Errol

Status
Not open for further replies.