BNSF new image

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Topo said:
http://www.bnsf.com/

Hummm. "If ain't broke, don't fix it" (or something like this).

Sorry, I'm a fan of ol' "Warbonnet" paint scheme. :eek:ops:
The Warbonnet looks best with the original Santa Fe logo, and looks like an afterthought when changed to BNSF. :eek: I like the newer Heritage paint scheme, and like this new scheme even better. :thumb: I'll keep my eye out for one since the BNSF runs not too far from our house, but so far all I ever see is every combination of SF, BN and BNSF possible, but none like they show there. :rolleyes:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I would say the warbonnet was the best paint scheme. I just watched a show last night Trains & Locomotives, & it was about the Santa Fe's WarBonnet ( Red & Silver ). Was a very interesting show. BNSF is not that common around these parts, but when they do come through i will keep my eye open and watch for the new scheme. I also like the BNSF's paint scheme.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
The main thing I hate about the BNSF paint schemes is that I don't like orange and the green isn't my favorite either. Of all of the colors of the railroads making up the BN they picked the worst colors in my oppinion.

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think BNSF did themselves a favor when they adopted this new logo. A lot of the local BNSF guys are now calling the new logo "the Wedgie....".

I think it fits !

Bob :cool:

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Iron Goat said:
Yeah, I don't think BNSF did themselves a favor when they adopted this new logo. A lot of the local BNSF guys are now calling the new logo "the Wedgie....".

I think it fits !

Bob :cool:

That's funny, I wonder how many people they could have keeped on the payroll for the price of their "new image"?