Black Hills Packing Company cars by Athearn/Walthers

O

oklacnw

These cars have a difference in the shade of paint and size of lettering. There are detail differences also. Outside of the details, which one is closest to being correct? I asked this on the STMFC Yahoogroup, but got no answer. in fact got message saying moderator had not let message go thru. Left the group!

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Hmm... probably no one is going to have a quick answer on this one. Have you tried any google searches or such, to see if you can find any prototype photos?

O

oklacnw

Black Hills Packing Co.

Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. I remember these cars from when I was 13-14 years old. Tried google but nothing I could determine was right, maybe need to refine question even more? Nothing I could find on any of the other groups or sites.
Thanks,
Al

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I'm not sure if this will add anything to the discussion, but check out Number 8 in the section on Reefers. (Simply scroll down the page.)
NEB&W Presents...
You'll have to pay to view the full-size version of the photo, but the caption suggests that this scheme is somewhat unusual. I'm not at all familiar with the cars that you mention, so I don't know if this will help your search or further cloud the issue.

Wayne