better late than never

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by cn nutbar, Mar 15, 2008.

1. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---ever since an unfortunate incident at Indian Line involving the Cruikshank brothers and their 1925 model T pickup (refer to Doctor Wayne's thread posted 27/03/2007),the locals have developed a respect for the sound of train whistles when approaching the various railroad crossings all over the EG&E---even though those trains may be long and they may be a little late,it's far better than an encounter with the front end of a locomotive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

nutbar!!!:wav: , AWESOME SHOTS!!!:thumb::thumb: , you know i really go for the grade crossing pics:winki::mrgreen: . those engines look SLAP FANTASTIC TOO!!:thumb::mrgreen: . I really like the lagged pipe on #4100, NICE TOUCH!:bravo:

:deano: -Deano
  3. lester perry

lester perry Guest

I agree with deano on the #4100
    Les
  4. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Awesome pics:thumb::thumb: I always look forward to seeing the pics from you and Doc Wayne:mrgreen:
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

The local newspapers are always getting letters to the editor concerning those "dang trains blocking the crossings". ;):p:-D:-D

Wayne
  6. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

Who makes that #5588 Pacific?
  7. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hi deano,les,jim,doc,and galen---thanks for your feedback---the lagged piping on #4100 is part of the snowloader that Doctor Wayne added to this locomotive with lots of help provided through Jim's research and photos---cnr K-3-B#5588 is from Overland Models
  8. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello everyone---recently the local folks have been surprised to hear the sound of a horn rather than the shrill call of a steam locomotive at the railroad crossings.The CNR has been testing their new General Motors F units on the heavy coal trains operating on Doctor Wayne's EG&E.Here's some shots of F3 a/b/a #9000/9004/9000 on their first revenue run.These locomotives are Stewart models,custom painted and detailed by Doctor Wayne---they're great pullers and ideal on the heavier grades throughout the EG&E---Apparently they made such a spectacular preview that all the employees at Finlay Fish had to take an early break to watch them pass

[​IMG]

]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WHOLLY SMOKES NUTBAR:eeki: , those F units look OUTSTANDING!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wayne done a SLAP FANTASTIC job on them!:bravo:

the second pic from the bottom KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF!:thumb::mrgreen:

i have Stewart F9 A&B units, they run GREAT, good choice of engines nutbar:thumb: :mrgreen: .

10. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hi Deano---Thanks for responding---Doctor Wayne RULES :thumb::thumb::thumb:---I'm glad you like that shot---here's another taken just down the track from that location

[​IMG]
  11. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

I have 2 Stewart F9 A/B units and I concur. They are just sooo smooth.

Only trouble I have with Stewarts? I lose all sense of time and get in trouble with the Site Supervisor.

George
  12. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I have to agree with Deano: I like that one the best of the ones that you sent to me, although there were others that came close.

Wayne
  13. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Those F-3s are looking awesome:thumb::thumb: Keep the pics coming:mrgreen:
  14. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

good day everyone---Deano had commented on one of the pictures in this thread---I must give credit to Doctor Wayne for that photo---whenever we get together for a photo shoot,it's a matter of passing the camera back and forth so the pictures are a combined effort---Wayne was involved in setting up that scene,I recall him saying "let's take a chance and see how it turns out"---Well friend,it turned out pretty good :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    I really like the Stewart F units for their performance---Doctor Wayne did an outstanding job on the painting and decorating #9000/9003/9004
    .Athearn Genesis also does a very nice version of the F-7,although I do not think it comes close to the performance of the Stewarts,however they look good.here's a shot of #9100 for your review

[​IMG]
  15. modelsof1900

modelsof1900 Member

NUTBAR,

very nice looking pictures and very well photographed !!!
    Nice to see such fine models and scenes. The coloring, letering and striping is excellent and awesome.

Bernhard
  16. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures.
  17. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

thanks everyone---your comments are much appreciated---here's a couple more pictures taken by Doctor Wayne and myself during a recent photo shoot on the beautiful EG&E

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

nutbar, BOTH pics are AWESOME:thumb: , but the first of the two, SLAP STUPENDOUS!!!:eeki::thumb::bravo:

19. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

I was going to the first pic was awesome, but then I saw the second one and they are both awesomesign1 Keep them coming them F3s are gorgeous:thumb::thumb:
  20. msowsun

msowsun Member

Great photos. That Olympus C-770 has a really nice sharp lens. I see from the EXIF data that you always use f2.8 or f3.2

You could increase the depth of field a little by using the minimum aperture of f8 instead.Try using Aperture-Priority or Manual and then you can set f8. It will mean a little longer exposure, but I think you will like the results.

Mike Sowsun
    Oakville, Ontario