Been a while since we had a....

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
...show us your (enter road name, freight car type, loco, etc. here) thread

How about a Show Us Your Caboose, Cabin Car, Hack, Crummy, and even EOT device?

Pictured below is the KP&W's only transfer caboose that is used mostly on runs from Williams Yard to the car float yard in West Mill. Its a bit low on accommodations and comfort and is known derisively around the yard as "the tin can". I bashed it out of two Tyco cheapie cabooses and a flat car that I got at a flea market.

6-30-2007-09.jpg

Let's see yours!
Ralph

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Ralph:wav:, i REALLY LIKE your transfer caboose!:thumb::thumb::thumb: i often thought about making a transfer caboose:mrgreen: ....but never have:eek:ops: .

is this a post "one of" your cabooses, or, i have 5:winki: , can i post 'em all?:confused:

GREAT THREAD Ralph!:bravo:
:deano: -Deano
caboose2.JPG

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NICE LINE UP RALPH!:thumb::thumb::thumb: geez, looks like you have quite a few:winki: :thumb: .

this is the last one i have weathered:eek:ops: ...on the bright side, THIS THREAD will give me the incentive to weather the rest:mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano
DSC08455.JPG

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Does this count? I posted a picture of this a while back but here it is again. I was just goofin' around and this is what I came up with.
DCP_5391_low_res.jpg

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Ralph: That is a cool looking tranfer cab..
Deano: Nicely weathered Safety cab..
Ralph: Great looking PC cabins..
Deano: Cool looking GB&W cab..
Trainut: That is a very cool looking crane tender/caboose...well done
All right, I love cabeeses!!:thumb: If it's ok to show all we have , I have several to post...:eek:
PC cabin car:
PC.jpg

CR cabin car ex PC exx PRR:
CR1.jpg

CR Cabin car ex PC exx RDG:
CR2.jpg

C&O CCH safety cab:
CO903118CCH.jpg

More to come!!!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TrainNut, i like your 'bashed" caboose:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mark, i know Ralph has gotta be drooling over your PC:winki: . the first Conrail, that type of caboose was typical for eastern roads, wasn't it? i have never seen one in real life, but have seen pics of them:winki: . i think you and Ralph win the prize so far on the most cabooses:thumb: .

heres #3 of 5:mrgreen: , I'll try and get the other two up tonight or by the end of the weekend:thumb: . :deano: -Deano
milw_cab.JPG

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Deano: That cab was, as far as I know ,PRR only...I think they made them in their own shops:confused: I liked the porthole windows:cool:.
Here's one that I believe was more common in the East.
WMChsy1857.jpg

Here's one pretty common on the C&O.
CO903246Blue.jpg

A
BOC3818.jpg
nd here's one very commn on the B&O
and here's Chessies only transfer caboose along with a couple of other brethern
BOC3051transfer.jpg

more to come:twisted:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi...Thought I'd join this parade with a couple of my favorite crummies....

This one is a kitbash (unbash..??). Made a MOW car out of a regular caboose kit. Needs a little weathering yet, so it'll look like it's been earning its keep...:mrgreen:

HPIM0836.jpg

Next is the "flagship" of my crummie fleet...It's the one you've all seen in my avatar. A drover caboose from a "Ye Ol' Huff & Puff" kit.

HPIM0835.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Mark, THANKS for the info and pics!:thumb: GREAT looking cabooses:thumb::thumb: . looks like you have more cabooses then all of us so far:winki: .

Gus, OUTSTANDING wood cabooses!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Heres my NEWEST caboose i finished tonight:mrgreen: , its a CA3. i only have one more caboose, i keep it at dads as his "house rule" is you have to run a caboose behind your train there:toug: , i am headed there today, so I'll post a pic of it tonight:winki: . :deano: -Deano
UP_CA3.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Here's another picture of my PC transfer caboose, also bashed from two Tyco flea market purchases. I've been fascinated by these cabins ever since I saw one roll out of Kingston NY in the early 70s. I remember watching it pass by and asking "What was THAT!?"

6-30-2007-18.jpg

tomkat13

Jun 2, 2007
www.usgennet.org
cn nutbar…..Canadian National wooden caboose…..Don’t see this one often…nice!

Ralph…..Some PC…..bashed…OK!

UP SD40-2….love those slogans!

Steamhead….some home grown….Needs a little weathering yet (I agree)

chessie4155….A whole herd!!!!….What a selection….

TrainNut….. Needs a little weathering yet (I agree)

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Ralph, THANKS for the link on the Pensy caboose, VERY interesting:thumb: . i REALLY LIKE your PC transfer caboose:winki: , you done a GREAT JOB on the bash!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

nutbar, GREAT LOOKING CN caboose:thumb: , the detail on it is OUTSTANDING!!!:winki: :mrgreen: .

tomkat, WOW!!!:eeki: NICE assortment of cabooses:thumb: , NICE JOB weathering too!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OK, here is the VERY LAST caboose i have:winki: , its a CA7:mrgreen: . this is the one i keep at dads(remember i mentioned dads house rule: you MUST have a caboose behind the train:winki: ). No, its NOT weathered...thats just a bunch of dust on the roof:eek:ops:....:eek:ops:....:119: . we are so far behind schedule on his layout, it will probably be a while before i get a chance to weather this one:eek:ops: .

SIDE NOTE: dad at one time was collecting cabooses:thumb: , unlike me he isn't picky about roads, he likes them ALL:thumb: , i took pics of a few of them today and will post some of them for him either later tonight, or tomorrow:winki: . :deano: -Deano
ca7.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I really like those flat roof, bay window cabins. I just saw a good one in PC colors inthe most recent Walther's catalog. I circled it for my wife as a possible gift suggestion. She's pretty good at catching obvious hints! :)

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
Here's my very first kitbash, done in the '60's. It started out with the cupola centered. Following an article in MR, I moved the cupola to one end, shaved the molded on hand rails, formed new ones from wire, and added a roof walk. It's not in very good shape as it has been following me around the country since then. Maybe someday I will restore it.

IMG_1852.jpg

Tom