Back into the hobby after a few years, pics of what inspired me.

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
Let me start by saying that I really like this forum so far. I have been clicking around and searching it for the past few days and it looks like a great resource.

I used to mess with HO scale stuff when I was probably 5-13 years old, but I never built a layout. When I started getting more money around 11-12 years old I began buying better equipment such as Athearn, Atlas track, etc. I just slowly drifted out of Model RRing but thanks to my girlfriend and stepdad, I really want to get back into it. I am 25 now.

For Christmas, she got me a Broadway Limited GE C30-7 DCC loco with sound, and and the new Atlas DCC system. What kind of a man would I be if I didn't build a layout to put this to good use :D I did get my old track and powerpack out for a few hours to test the loco, as well as some of my old locos. I am really impressed with the way this thing sounds and operates. It's AWESOME.

So in the coming months, I will be building a wall mount layout in a spare bedroom, with two main lines, a nice yard, and some industries. One of the things I plan on modeling something that is very new to Nashville and that is the commuter trains which are called the Music City Star.

I plan on a C shaped layout with a rather large yard as I have an affinity for yards and turnouts ;)

I will have some good help from my stepfather (when he is in town) who is an avid model railroader. He has lots of layout building experience, as well as weathering and detailing. His model railroad club has a large (probably 30x60') layout in the basement of the University in East TN where he teaches.

Here are a few pics of my stepfather's club's layout if anyone is interested. The module with the bridge and mountain are of his making.

Here's me trying my hand at a DCC controller for the first time. It's a far cry from the old DC pack I was used to.

layout0.jpg

layout1.jpg

layout2.jpg

layout3.jpg

layout4.jpg

layout5.jpg

layout6.jpg

layout7.jpg

layout8.jpg

Great Site Guys

martyv

Jan 4, 2001
Hastings, Mn. 55033
Visit site
ReefBlueCoupe,

Awesome looking layout !!! But what is more amazing is that your girlfriend bought you a locomotive bounce7

Unless there is something else wrong with that woman I wouldn't let her get to far away, if you know what I mean!! Any woman to buy a guy a locomotive cannot be all bad. :D

Think about it.

martyv

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
martyv said:
ReefBlueCoupe,

Awesome looking layout !!! But what is more amazing is that your girlfriend bought you a locomotive bounce7

Unless there is something else wrong with that woman I wouldn't let her get to far away, if you know what I mean!! Any woman to buy a guy a locomotive cannot be all bad. :D

Think about it.

martyv

Coincidentally I proposed to her 5 minutes later :D (I really did).

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
After reading your initial post, I was going to suggest that you handcuff that woman to your side. You are wise beyond your years, young grasshopper!

balloon6 Congratulations on your engaement (and on the BLI).

Tom

martyv

Jan 4, 2001
Hastings, Mn. 55033
Visit site
ReefBlueCoupe,

So when is the big day? Congratulations on your engagement!! I can tell you that if you are lucky enought to find a woman that enjoys the same things you do, you half way there to a successful marriage. Sounds like you have found one.

Anyway, since I was the first to suggest that marry this woman who buys you a locomotive I feel somewhat responsible. So i think we should plan you a "Gauge Bachelor Party". What do you think fellow gauge members? How about some suggestions for a party for ReefBlueCoupe online on The Gauge ???

martyv

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
She is finishing up college.. it'll probably be another year or so, and there is no date set just yet. She does enjoy what I do.. she wants to help me get started on my layout, and told me I'm "not allowed" to sell my car :lol: Not like I ever would.. I'll have that car till I die.

Here's a pic of the ol ball and chain while decorating our first of many Christmas trees this year:

jtree.jpg

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

This is a pairing made in RR Heaven...Best wishes to both.

So, what club does this layout belong to?? It's really great!! Maybe something to get published in one of the MRR mags. You're really lucky to be able to operate on that set up.

Gus (LC&P).