Bachman EZ Commander ....

JDC916

Dec 11, 2006
Marietta, Ga
Anyone have any thoughts on this system ? I believe it;s a 10 channel DCC controller that comes with this controller http://e-hobbyland.com/baezcodcccos.html

I've seen it here on sale and also as part of a set my LHS has with 2 engines DCC ready.

I have 3 harley train sets coming that i will have converted to DCC and was just wondering what you all might think of the controller.

Thanks !

railman537

Oct 22, 2006
I have the EZ command that I got as a set with 2 dcc locos and EZ track. I think its pretty good for a beginner. It's cheap and gives you a taste of what dcc can do.
If you are planning on buying it by itself I would look into something that is still simple enough for beginners but will also accomodate experienced modelers.

Amrap1

Nov 11, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I bought my EZ-command after seeing a demo at a train show. The guy set up 5 Locos and ran them. Made sense to me. I bought mine a week later with a loco for $55. I since bought another bachmann Loco and have run them with no problem. I think it would be classifed as a starter or simple system. I'll bet you get alot of replies about much better, with more functions, systems.

Ed

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think the questions to ask are how many locomotives will the EZ Command handle at one time (ie-how much power available)? How many locomitive addresses will it take? How many functions will it do and is it enough for what you want to do? Finally, you might get more exhaustive info if you ask in the dcc forum.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
JD, the Bachmann EZ system will handle 3 engines. If you want more there is a power pack that is suggested list at a little over 200 and you can add one DCC controller and one DC so that you have a total of 3 throttles. At the total price you can buy a system with more functions that is expandable and can run a lot of engines stock outta the box.

Russ is right these have been talked about a lot lately on the DCC forum.

Rick