Bachman 3 Truck shay detailing

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Has anybody detailed the Bachman 3 truck shay , i am thinking of air brushing and weathering it but i am not sure how hard this will be with all the details.

The MDC was a little easier and i was happy with detailing that 2 truck version but now i need to do the same with the 3 truck Bachman shay.

Any pictures would also be greatly apprecaited.

Cheers

Ian

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian,
Thought this might be of some use. Don't take it to pieces, quite difficult to get it back up and working. I did, and shouldn't have.

I painted mine and detailed it for Badger Creek.

Shamus
wink.gif

Attachments

• ttsh.jpg
    ttsh.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 70

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Thanks Shamus for that pic , yes it greatly helps me out.I have been a long time fan of your work on Badger Creek and i am constantly amazed at your work.I only discovered this forum recently though

In regards to the dismantling of the shay , is it possible to remove the tender, cab and main body from the chasis easily as this might be a comprimise idea. I could then air brush the main parts and do some drying brushing to the gears and trucks?

Thanks for your help

Ian

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian,
Yes it is possible to remove those items, but again, I can only reiterate that it is awkward to put it all back working correctly afterwards. I spent hours putting it all back. Never again.

Shamus
wink.gif