Baby Yoda

SteveKirkman

Apr 20, 2020
I hope this is the right forum for this. Admins, please feel free to move to a better category.

Here are a few pictures of my last build, The Child from the Mandolorian.
4B8B6CE5-6B39-4B0D-AB18-BE6BB7C8FC67.jpegCB6241B7-49E0-4A2C-8956-69AAF3CF8B2D.jpegF9804324-3422-4442-B95F-334D801052C4.jpeg
67BE198F-875A-45EF-8972-096840C105E6.jpeg

This kit is based on the Funko Pop! figure, that’s why it looks funny compared to the show. I ended up adding some internal support for his arms and ears from cardboard box scraps. His head was quite the challenge to get closed up without deforming it. He stands around 9.5 inches tall by himself and 11 inches with stand. He’s a free download from WNDS Paper on Facebook.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
yo56-jpg.100532

YODA APPROVES! :)

Perfect category, very precise build! thumbsup

It looks like you used paper strips on the back side of the parts to connect them and painted the edges. I did the same on my Yoda, too. ;)

SteveKirkman

Apr 20, 2020
It looks like you used paper strips on the back side of the parts to connect them and painted the edges. I did the same on my Yoda, too. ;)

Thank you. Yes, it took a while but I cut off all the tabs and made connector strips from regular printer paper. I started out with card strips on a test build and they were too stiff for most sections.
Your Yoda looks great! How was construction of his head? Mine had parts running in all directions, took a little thinking to figure out the best sequence:hammerhead:

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you for your compliment! :)

The model was a combination of two models I found in the SketchUp Warehouse. You can read everything here:

Basically the head consisted of a series of textured paper strips. You can see a few pictures in the first link which were taken before I painted the edges. The edges tell you how the raw parts looked.

The build was an experiment to get used to work with SketchUp and Pepakura and to enhance the texture quality while keeping the max resolution which was possible at that time. Things have changed since then, today Pep and SU are able to use much bigger texture images (that was one factor which changed my plans for the Colonial Viper). I haven't released the plans yet because the hands always bothered me and several pieces exploded into a zillion little triangles on the pages. Maybe when I have some time to get back to it. IF I do, I'll make a soft-goods robe for him. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack