Baby got new shuz...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
The yard goat is finally out of the shop. It's a highly modified Athearn Hustler with added handrails, ladder, 3 chime horn, new headlight and airhoses. It's been remotored from it's original rubber band drive to an Accurate Lighting motor with an Ernst gear set. It also has a Lentz decoder which made for the need for the aforementioned shoes. 4 wheels couldn't pick up enough juice for the decoder soze the shop crew added sliders just ahead and behind the drivers. They're inspectin' them now, just to make sure the tourists can't see 'em.

Attachments

• newshuz2.jpg
    newshuz2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 213

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Ma poor P166 just hates it when I use my digital camera and then have the nerve to ask it to do a file transfer. Any how, here goes...Engineer's side

Attachments

• hus1.jpg
    hus1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 155

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for the comments. Those familiar with the Hustler will note the fan has bee removed, the windows directly over the hood have been blanked over, a door has been made and steps have been added to the corners. There are also lift rings and spark deflectors added. Billy Joe Ray Bob, the brakeman is permanently attached.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for the kind remarks, it was an experiment to see just how realistic looking a locomotive a modified Hustler could make. In the end I felt like one of those guys who just finished restoring a classic auto, emensely satisfied and entirely unwilling to wager a guess on the final price tag, took as long, too. Oh...the open door is for Hyram, the engineer. Apparently Billy Joe Ray Bob only showers weekly:eek: