B&M R-1-a 4-8-2

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
I finally got my hands on some Dullcoat and finished my B&M cabeese. Then being a little disappointed in how "light" the Spectrum Mountain turned out to be (not disapointed in the loco itself!), I took other measures to bash a loco I had planned to bash with the Spectrum loco, a B&M R-1-a (or d). Lacking the necessary centipede tender, I began work on an R-1-a using a decent running Bachmann Northern as the base and a left -over 12 wheel tender from the parts box. I had hoped to have it done by tonight but, several minor problems requiring a little thought cropped up and delayed the finish. However, it is beginning to look like (but not exactly) the loco I wanted to have pulling my varnish. I'll add the finishing touches as the week goes on.

Attachments

• r1a02scr.jpg
    r1a02scr.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 166

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Looking good! Let's see some progress soon! :D

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

*Ahem* if you still aren't happy with it, I know where it can find a nice warm home - away from all that snow! :p :rolleyes:

P

philip

Lookin good! I wonder what would be in that varnish??:D :D

philip :thumb:

workin it!!

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
I put most of the finishing touches on it this week-end. Will have to examine photos of the prototype to find more "necessary" details.:p I used grimy black paint on it in places but, unfortunately, under the flash, it comes out looking quite gray so, I'll have to tone that down a bit. In normal light, it looks, well, er... normal.

Attachments

• r1a05scr.jpg
    r1a05scr.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 90