At It Again

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
A friend of mine saw my models and wanted me to build a model for her, sooo, I always wanted the Franklin Watchworks but, just couldn't afford one, so I thought that it would be a good building to scratch build. Using it as a model, I scroonged parts left over from kits and started the project.
The one bigger building I called the Shmithouse Beanery and the smaller one Chef Debs Kitchen. So here in N Scale is the outcome. That's the old German Mr. Shmithouse on the dock cutting a deal with a customer, while Chef Deb takes a breather from cooking for a bit of fresh air. To the side of the kitchen I added a leanto that has an old rusting car up on blocks, (of course) and other debre throughout the dioroma. Hack away at it, I can take it. (I Think) :rolleyes: :p

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 219

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Hack away at it???..... Are you kidding??? .... It's splendid.

Full of atmosphere and so natural looking. Excellent work, (and in "N" scale too), my goodness, I'm drooling over it.

Any more models of that calibre?? If so, I'm certain we would all want to see photos of them.

Beautiful modelling sir!

Errol

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Excellent modelling Jim. Wouldn't we all like to have structures with the details like this on our layouts. Shows what can happen when one tries scrtchbuilding.
What camera did you use to take these pictures?

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Thanks guys, a bunch

It sure was scratch built, all styrene except the dock and a small porch and the lumber scattered around is wood and styrene. The camera I use is the Digital still camera MVC-FD200 by Sony. I have used the same cam. for quite a while. Used it when I had my motorcycle pages. I have a couple of buildings in mind that I would like to try to scratch build, I just don't know when I will get to them. My wife said I have to start my layout soon to put all my models somewhere.:eek: Oh well. Thanks again guys, will get back soon.;)
Jim

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Jim,

Great work! I've just returned from a week-long vacation and am finding all kinds of neat threads. Your model is terrific! Love the name of the beanery!

Ralph