antique marklin train for sale.

shady311

Sep 25, 2002
Visit site
i recently inherited a old WW2 era marklin electric train set from my grandpa and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping find out how much this thing is worth. thanks.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Shady311, it just happens that there is a gentleman in our club that is into Marklin and is doing a layout at home utilizing this. I will be going to the club tonight so if he shows up I can make some inquiries for you. If he is not there I have his home phone number and will call him, he works during the day so am unable to call now. Will get some infor for you as soon as I can. Ron..

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
There are a german book, for Märklin collectors, that lists the actual year prices of antique & recent Märklin locomotives. I don't remember the book name, but I can ask about it the next week.
Do you have any picture of the set? It can be of help too.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
311: sorry for the delay but I now find out that our club member is away. I was at a near by train show this weekend and found someone who buys used equipment, he had far too many questions that I could not answer to answer your post, if you wish to contact him he could give you some information that you are looking for and can go from there. It:

Stan's Roundhouse
ownner Stan Silverman
5086 Goodan Lane,
Missoula MT 59808
ph: 406-327-0522.

Hope this helps...Ron...

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Hi, shady311. Finally I have got the details of the book that I mentioned before.
The book is:
"Koll's PreisCatalog, Märklin edition"
Edition 1998 - ISBN 3-922164-75-7
Price 49,75DM (just now, I don't remember the exact rate DM/€uro, but I guess that this is around 25€ ~ $24)

The only book that I have access is a 1998 edition, but for sure that they are newer ones. It have photos of most models, so it could be of big help for identify it if you can post a picture of your set.