another newbie

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I'm just starting with Ho trains and computers and I think I've found nirvana. Could someone please tell me when CN stopped running their locos long hood forward ? I'm modeling the early 60's

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I dont know anything about you querrie either, but welcome aboard the gauge, like trains, there will be someone along that will be able to help you soon, have a good one..steve

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
CN has a number of GP9RM that were remanufactured between 1981 and 1989. I don't know if this was the time that they switched from long hood forward. I still see them operating in pairs with no regard for short or long hoods (there is a prototype for two chop-nosed GP9 coupled nose-to-nose).
If you look at photos, you can tell by the way the paint scheme is applied.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I bought a Clasic Trains magazine the other to kill some time with while my lady was on a job interview. Anyway, there was an article with some pics of Grand Trunk GP9s running long hood ahead. GT was (is) a child of CN and does what daddy does so I figure that early 60s is close enough for me.The photos were taken in 1967. Thanks for taking an intrest

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
CN PACMAN paint????? i think you mean CP Pacman paint. they are the ones with the pacman like logo in black and white, CN has the wet noodle look

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
stuart_canada said:
CN PACMAN paint????? i think you mean CP Pacman paint. they are the ones with the pacman like logo in black and white, CN has the wet noodle look

Oy! Flog me with a bag of Smarties, put ketchup on my mac-n-cheese and paint my Big Boy in CP red, me thinks I made a big boo boo. Sorry about that, my self-imposed penace will be to push my train around the club layout like a Brio playset. :thumb:

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I guess anything,s possable .Since I live right beside the CN main between Truro& Amherst I get to see a lot of trains and was hyped to see a short all hopper (half a dozen cars) with an old GM running Long hood ahead, in 2005 hoodathunk