Another Model Power House Goes Under The Razor Saw

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
In case anyone thinks I've given up on the Poor Fork Mining layout, here's another kitbash I've been piddling with over the last few weeks...still not finished...need some doors, stairs, & more details...
Once again, I started with a Model Power farmhouse, & added some scratchbuilt bits...
It will eventually find a hyome in the town of Glasgow Jct.

Attachments

• mvc-023f.jpg
    mvc-023f.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 221

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks guys! :)

Tyson,
I appreciate the comment...so many of the photos of the Appalachian region dating back to the late 19th, & early 20th century, feature unpainted, rough-hewn wooden structures.

I also read a book by John Grisham called A Painted House, which depicts a Mississippi farm family during the 1940's, & where paint is a luxury only the more well-to-do town folks can afford.

That's the look I'm trying to get on this layout.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks again for the kind words, everyone! :)

Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
That's real nice, Charlie! Did you use two houses? What a totally different building you've built. Great work.

Gary

Thanks Gary!
I did use a wall section from another kit, along with some Evergreen clapboard siding...I've had so many of these things that I can always find pieces in the scrap box...
These are such generic little kits, they can be chopped up, added to, & rearranged into all kinds of different things.

Lackawanna Jim

Nov 27, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Charlie -
Great job! This is one of those "D'oh, why didn't I think of it..." deals...

What a great way to make a quick distinctive structure. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jim;)