Another Bridge

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I need another bridge to span the 28inch entry to the upper section of my mushroom. Once again I use my favourite material. Corrugated cardboard and cerealboard. No prototype for this one but follows the usual truss method.
I strarted making up the base.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 413

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Ha, the maestro is back! :) :) :)

I really missed your great contributions, but I realize that putting up the benchwork of your mushroom layout must have been quite a bit of work. (Hey, you didn't contruct THIS out of cardboard, did you? ;) :D)

But as usual, you're off to a fulminant start - and this bridge will be another beauty out of your workshop! :thumb:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us again.

Ron

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Robin... you always seem to come to light with a new creationjust when ! am thinging about how to go about buiding something similar.......so it up into the loft to start cutting......Hey!!!
I thought all Canadians removed their shoes indoors :D :D :D

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Hey Robin. Your back. Like RailRon, I figured you were busy building the Mushroom. Sure missed following the step by step instructions. Great looking bridge and should be pretty stout.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Robin,

Its unbeliveable the beautiful things you make out of cardboard. I been following your new mushroom railroad and its really coming together. LOVE THOSE PICTURES. Sure hope you did'nt haft to ruin that beautiful backdrop you had on the other one?

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

F

Fred_M

Missed your posts on building from paper. What's this about mushrooms? I thought you were into using PCP.... (post consumer paper). Now that you got that nasty dirty wood construction done you can once again create. Even Bob Ross had to ocassionally prep canvas. FRED

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks folks for the kind words.
Jimmy, Letty has inside shoes as well as the outside ones.:D :D :D
Here is a photo of the bridge from underneath as one approaches the interior of the mushroom. It is right at the top of the picture and doesn't show well from this viewpoint. It is 73.5 inches above the floor. As you pass under it, there is a step up to the raised floor. Nice as there is now ducking to get under it.

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 219
F

Fred_M

That scenery under the bridge looks real nice. That's really nice work and I don't see how you got it done so fast. My hats off to you. FRED