An Older Kitbashing Project

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Here's my first HON3 kitbashing project. I did these MDC Overland cars in 1982 when I first got interested in HON3. They were done per Malcome Furlow's HON3 book but I did add "tarpaper" to the car roofs.

Attachments

• all1.jpg
    all1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 239

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Vic,

You made a superb job of those puppies!
I read an article on that but no details of where or how to chop them into HOn3, so my cars are waiting for your instructions !!!!!

I only have one passenger car in HOn3 and that is an E&B Valley kit (gotta be at least 18 yrs old) still waiting for me to assemble it.
It looks so delicate, I'm scared at starting on it. Besides, I like the shorter cars by MDC, they look more in keeping with oldtime narrow gauge.

When can I expect some info from you? ... PLEEEEEEEEEESE

How about scanning the MDC drawings and mark lines where I should do the surgery? Also, I have HOn3 Grandt Line trucks I'd like to use on them, is there anything I should know about mounting them?

hehehe, I'm not finished with you yet!! :D
I never ever had success with proper decals or dry transfer decals. I need you're advice on applying those as well! :cool:

Ok, That's it for now, your homework for a few days!:D :D
I'll keep bugging you till you come up with the gen :D :D

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Jon--- They're MDC HON3 passenger trucks. Don't know if they still make them. Haven't seen any in awhile. Grandt Line has execellent HON3 passenger/freight trucks as well as several others. Check the Walthers catalog.