An early birthday present

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, it's always good to have clowns at your birthday party, but if you can't, the next best thing is a present from a clown - A TrainClown that is!

In return for my sending him a beat up old tractor (that doesn't even run, but don't tell him) TrainClown sent me these 2 buildings he scratchbuilt out of cereal board. The first one is an old backwoods shanty. Ain't got no woods on my layout yet, so this will have to do.

:D Val

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 129

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Next one is a corner store type place. Once I get to building the city part of my layout I will figure out where this will go, but for now, another temporary set-up.

Cool huh? I am amazed what can be done with cardboard and a little (no make that a lot) of imagination.

Thanks again TC!

:D Val

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 132

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Great work, and from a fellow modeler too. That shack reminds me of all those bayou shanties not far from here in Louisiana. Can hear them coon dogs braying at the moon from under the porch even now.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
The cat is out of the bag!

HEY! That tractor you traded me is a lemon!

The carborator don't carb!

The cam shaft don't cam!

The crank shaft don't crank!

And the pistons don't work either! :p

And how dare you call that an "old shack"!

That happens to be a scale model of my home! (clowns have a low standard of living don't ya know) :(

All kidding aside. I found making a trade was a happy, fun and exciting thing to do. I highly recommend it.

A happy birthday to you Val. :D I can't wait untill you work your weathering magic on those buildings. I guess it's my turn to be the one in anticipation. ;)

Thanks again for the trade.

TrainClown :D ;)