Amazing info on the internet.

Will,

I built that set of traffic lights on a box lid a few years ago.

I planned to "transplant" them into my layout once I had a suitable location but, to date, they remain on the box lid as I still haven't commenced the "city block" module I have dreamed about for so long.

Too busy with my new business. Self employment has meant my hobby has had to go "on the backburner" for a while.

Gavin Miller

Joepomp

Dec 29, 2002
New Jersey How yous doing
Visit site
HO TLights

Here is the drawings I made to make HO traffic lights , some day.

Its hard to measure the real ones, so this is as close as I could get to the actual dimentions. I couldent fine the actual dementions on the net.

Attachments

• tlights ho.jpg
    tlights ho.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 184
Originally posted by nscalesteve
hey Gavin...
...unfortunately I can't use your traffic lights on my US module, the cars are driving on the wrong side of the road... :D :D
Actually, if you look again, you will note the cars are driving on the right-hand side of the road (CORRECT for US or European prototype).

The photos with the cars on the left-hand side are shots of real life traffic signals around Perth (where we DO drive on the left-hand side, like Britain and Japan).

The reason I built this diorama (and indeed my layout) with US-style right-hand side driving is that most of my favourite model vehicles (eg Viking) come in that configuration. For example, vehicle wing mirrors and bus doors are set for driving on the right hand side of the road. Just too hard to change! And as my layout is in a "freelanced" locale, I can do whatever I want. After all, I AM the President, haha :)

Gavin