ALL MEMBERS-PLEASE READ

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi, I really had hoped people would act responsibly when posting and replying to topics on The Gauge and not require myself or the moderators to act as police men. In my mind there are NEVER, I repeat NEVER, any excuses to resort to “personal insults” or “name calling” when replying to a post. I cannot understand why some people feel the need to do so. There is an old saying “sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me”, well that my friends is a load of rubbish, name calling is hurtful and totally unnecessary. If you see a post you vehemently disagree with simply state “your opinion” and back it up with solid arguments, that is all that is ever required.
This board was designed so that members could share their model railroading ideas, etc, and we do not want this board to become like the AOL where they sit around all day and name call, etc. Once in a while train talk sneaks onto the AOL board. This forum will not turn that way
I believe that “flaming” threads are “poison” and in the future a moderator or I will remove all personal “flaming” from posts.

Regards
Dave Hagan
The Gauge

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
I'm sorry, Dave and everyone on the gauge.
I let my feelings about another's 'insult' lead me to do the same. I will very, very carefully refrain from expressing myself in that manner again, no matter what the supposed 'justification'.
I apologize to Mr. Mahlkov for my choice of expression...I was wrong.
Virginian

I'm sorry too, but that doesn't extend to everyone here. I will not put up with those who feel they have to rip on someone here just because it's the "thing to do". I hope those people will choose to go somewhere else. If not, take me off the list of membership here, I won't put up with them.

------------------
Mighty Joe Young
The Swingingest N-Traker Around
Bring Back the New York Central!

C

Catt

Joe,this is my forum.Before you go ripping into someone I would ask that you notify myself or Dave and let us handle it.From here on out any flames will be deleted from this forum.

------------------
Catt! NARA#1 & A freelancer for life

CATT,
I didn't rip on anyone, I defended the new poster that got ripped on. Yes you are the "moderator" here, so keeping order is your job. You didn't catch it in time and all the good guys here went to the defence of the rippie. Like I said, I'm sorry for getting hot at the ripper and that extends to you, but not to the ripper.

------------------
Mighty Joe Young
The Swingingest N-Traker Around
Bring Back the New York Central!